听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 英格利·褒曼生平
返回列表 发帖

英格利·褒曼生平

英格利·褒曼生平

Engrid Bergman, she will always be remembered as time goes by.

Warner brothers had offered Ronald Reagan and Ann Sharlton the leads in a romantic World War Two drama to be directed by Michael Kerteebs. Reagan and Sharlton dropped out when script problems seemed unsolvable. Bergman and Humphrey Bogart were their replacements.

"I was willing to shoot the captain and now I I know I was willing to shoot you."

Bogart portrayed a cynical expatriate in wartime Morocco with Bergman as his idealistic long-lasting love. Although the script underwent constant revisions, the chemistry between the two stars was apparent from the first day of filming. Bergman and Bogart were unforgettable.

"If you knew how much I loved you, how much I still love you."

"We had a very poor script and they never knew what we are going to do the following day and we never knew how to end the movie which was a bigger worry to me because I didn‘t know which man I really loved. I asked them, ‘Do I love my husband, or do I love Humphrey Bogart,because Paul Henry played my husband?‘ They said they don‘t know because we hadn‘t made up our minds. Play in between. So very often when I see that movie I can see my face that tells no expression whatsoever."

"I try to reason with you. I tried everything. Now I want those letters."

"Somehow it all came together and the script that has been seen as weak became the blueprint for Hollywood‘s most enduring film classic. CASABLANCA won three Oscars best picture, best director and best screenplay. Bogart and Bergman‘s romance seemed to make it all work. Today it‘s impossible to imagine Ronald Reagon looking at Sharlton, saying: "Here is looking at you, kid."

Aging gracefully, Engrid still commanded attention. She was offered one hundred thousand dollars to play one four and a half minute scene in a film adaptation of Agatha Christie‘ classic, Murder on The Orient Express. In a giant all star cast, Bergman plays a funny old Swedish missionary. She stood out[7] and was honored with her third Oscar. It was a bitter sweet moment, only her family and few close friends knew that Engrid had been stricken with the cancer the year before.  

返回列表