听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 交流茶馆 » Fat talk
返回列表 发帖

Fat talk

春天来到,每个人都欣欣然要换上春装,将一冬天的厚重尽快褪去。每年这个时候也是大家讨论体重和身材最多的时候,因为积攒了一冬天的脂肪实在会影响美丽春装的效果。

Fat talk refers to conversations in which women criticise their body shape, despite often not being overweight.

Fat talk(肥胖谈话)指女同胞之间以抱怨身材不好为话题的闲聊,虽然她们本身都并不算胖。

The overwhelming majority of college women – 93% – engage in “fat talk.” You know, in the “Ugh, I feel so fat in these jeans” vein of griping. Many women say they think fat talking with their friends makes them feel better about their bodies, but a new study suggests the opposite may be true.

大学女生中的绝大多数,有93%,都会参与“肥胖谈话”。就是那种“呃,我穿这牛仔裤好显胖啊”之类的谈话。很多女性都表示跟朋友们谈论肥胖能让她们对自己的身材更满意。不过一项新的研究显示,肥胖谈话的结果恰恰相反。

The study showed that women who complained about their weight more often – even if they were thin – were more likely to have greater dissatisfaction with their bodies. They were also more likely to buy into the media’s thin ideal.

该研究表明,女性对自己的体重抱怨越多,对自己的身材满意度就会越低,就算本身偏瘦的女性也会如此。同时,她们也更有可能被媒体宣传的瘦身理想所影响。

A typical exchange:

以下为一段典型的“肥胖谈话”:

Friend 1: “Ugh, I feel so fat.”

-唉,我觉得自己太胖了。

Friend 2: “OMG. Are you serious? You are NOT fat.”

-天啊,你别开玩笑了。你一点儿都不胖。

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

I have a friend she always criticise her body shape"Ugh, I feel so fat".But in fact she is very thin.How weird!

Environment.
People thinks that the thiner the better,so most of the girls will contrast with others and make thiner.

回复 2# tingroom

Yeah,most of the grils don't realize that they are thin enough.

回复 3# dragon520

Yeah,and are you the same with they?

Haha,i think i have a perfect body.

from my piont of view, a girl  litter fat will be better.at least I never consider to lose weighit .nature beauty is the real beauty.

回复 6# dragon520

Very good.

回复 7# huxiuyue

Yeah,I agree with you.We don't need to lose weight.

返回列表