听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 交流茶馆 » 什么是网络“煎饼人”?
返回列表 发帖

什么是网络“煎饼人”?

中学的时候,我们学过一句英语谚语“Jack of all trades, master of none”,说的是Jack这个孩子什么都懂一点,但每样都不精通。老师教育我们说做事情要专注,要刨根究底,知其然,还要知其所以然。谁知,到了伟大的21世纪,Jack小朋友又跑出来了,而且同伴还不少呢。
With the development of the Internet and other sources of instantaneous information, many people strive to gain at least a working knowledge of many different subjects. They are so-called “pancake people”, they no longer concentrate their energies on one area of interest, but instead choose to spread themselves thinly over a large area. As a result, a new generation of pancake people have essentially become the proverbial jacks of all trades, but masters of none.
随着网络和各种信息渠道的发展,很多人都力求在各个不同领域都至少获得一些基本的操作知识。他们就是所谓的“煎饼人”,他们不再将精力专注于某一个感兴趣的领域,而是让自己的关注点浅浅地散布在一个很大的范围。由此,新一代的“煎饼人”就真的成谚语里说的“门门通,门门松”了。
The term “pancake people” is largely seen as a negative commentary on the current age of instantaneous information. The ability to access even the most obscure information in a matter of seconds may be seen as a positive social development on one level, but it can also cause some people to become less inclined to delve more deeply into one particular subject of interest. As a result, a generation of overloadedpancake people may become more obsessed with popular culture and less interested in the larger arc of human history.  

在当前这个即时信息时代,“煎饼人”这个词很大程度上被看作是一个贬义词。在几秒内获得稀缺信息的能力可能是社会发展积极的一方面,但同时也会让一些人不愿意深究某一个感兴趣的主题。结果,这一代信息过量的“煎饼人”可能会对流行文化过分沉迷,而对人类历史的更广泛领域却鲜有兴致。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

I think the diversified development is a good thing when you doing your own work

When I was a child I often eat pancake.Very delicious.

回复 2# Rebecca949

yes! you can say that again~

回复 3# tingroom

me too~

返回列表