听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2011.05.12(2)
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2011.05.12(2)

Christmas is a festive time, especially for children. Families gather to celebrate the holidays with delicious meals and wrapped gifts. But for children whose families have no home of their own, Christmas can be a sad time.
圣诞节是个欢快的时光,对孩子们来说尤其如此。家人团聚在一起,互赠礼物、分享美食。但是,对无家可归的孩子来说,圣诞节可能是一个悲伤的日子。
(1)_________________________________________________________________. 
When Clarence Adams applied for a job as a counselor at a New Orleans homeless shelter 16 years ago, he knew very little about homelessness.
16年前,当克莱伦斯·亚当斯在新奥尔良无家可归者庇护中心申请一个顾问职位时,他对无家可归几乎没有任何概念。
"After the interview, they gave me a tour in the building and it was lunch time," Adams says. "And I saw children there. That really bothered me.(2)__________________________________."
他说:“面试后,他们领我在庇护中心里参观了一圈,那时正好是午饭时间。我看到那些孩子,觉得非常难过。”
Adams got the job and took it upon himself to help the kids coming to the shelter in any way he could. He went with their parents to register them for school and organized donation drives for school supplies. One day as the holidays neared, he talked to a friend about what it might be like for homeless children to celebrate Christmas.
亚当斯得到了那份工作,他开始把帮助无家可归的孩子们当作自己的责任。他和孩子家长一起去学校注册,组织为孩子们捐献学习用品的慈善活动。一年的圣诞节前,他和一个朋友谈论无家可归的孩子们是如何过圣诞节的。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

They put smile on homeless  children's faces this time here. One man on    organize  a Christmas party but he calls "forgotten angels"
homeless

To put smile on homeless children's faces this time of year, one man in Orleans ~ organized a christmas party for what he calls the forget angels.
I just never doubt about the child in homeless

To put a smile on homeless children's faces at this time of year, one man in Louisiana organised a Christmas party for what he calls "the forgotten Angels".

And I just never thought about the child in the homeless.

返回列表