听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » my first time to talk with a foreigner ----Sam .
返回列表 发帖

my first time to talk with a foreigner ----Sam .

after I applied for adding Sam to my friend through QQ , Sam finally agreed with me today . at noon , we talked with each other happily via typing words and sending the massages to each other . however , at about 6:00 , Sam made a call for me on his own . I was so excited that I did not know how to express my feeling and my words ! Sam comforted me , and asked me to take it easy . gradually , I have made myself come down . but , you know , it is my first time to talk to a foreigner , and it must be rather tough for me to understand his words , at the same time , I also felt a little nervous , in addition , there may be something wrong with my headset because I could not hear his voice clearly . I often begged his pardon ,which I thought that I was sure to make him bored . nevertheless , to my surprise , he was very patient and kindhearted . I like to communicate with such a good friend .

评分人数

i also wanna talk with foreigner but i afraid that i can't open my mouth.i envy you.

回复 2# kuangye678

hahaha``don't envy me ! you also can do it . you know , it is my first time to talk with a foreigner in english . so I really felt confused and did not knew how to express my ideas when I talked with him through audio . although it is very tough , I will continue practicing my spoken english with him in my spare time . I believe I can achieve it .

回复 3# 陈秀玲

i believe you can achieve it.come on.

回复 4# kuangye678

So proud of you~!I believe that you must be more comfidient in your spoken Enlish.I envy you,too.

回复 6# 莎莎dawn

hahaha````````thanks for your encouragement , I will be confident in myself , and practice more .

本帖最后由 alexander.zh 于 2011-5-16 13:04 编辑

I'll share my first time to speak to a foreiger for all of you here;9 years before, I enterd a langer firm as a electric engineer to work with a finlander ,I must speak english with him, at first I was shy to open my mouth, and then my boss a Taiwan man told me that if you want get the promot in this company you should have the good skill of english (include speaking, writing,reading) or you would be out,so I tried to open my mouth to speak aloud ,it  was lucky for me that the Finland was not a english speaking country, his mother language is Finnish ,so I dared to speak to him, aha!!!
After work in that company three years I came to the current company,it is a big firm in the world too, in 2008 I got the new job position as the Dep. manager ,the big boss is a foreigner,all the communitions are use english so I had to kick off my english learning ,hope this time I would persist and make a larger improve;

Open your mouth and don't shy.
Though their speed almost fast even have local accent.
Of course,it's very difficult when you talk with a foreigner at the first time.

回复 9# dragon520

you are right .( it is " don't be shy " not "don't shy ")

回复 8# alexander.zh

wow!that's great ! I hope I can work like you in the future !

I had many times talking with foreigners face to face in the past two years.But now I left that company and don't have the chance to talk with foreigners again.What a pity!

I envy you too,can you tell me how to know foreign friends?

回复  alexander.zh

wow!that's great ! I hope I can work like you in the future !
陈秀玲 发表于 2011-5-16 19:05

I think you can do better than me. Now many staff in our company who located in Beijing office have good English skill ,can talk with the foreigner fluently and write English e-mail express angthing they want ,I jealousy them;

回复 14# alexander.zh

thanks for your encouragement . I also believe you can make it through your effort ! come on !

回复 8# alexander.zh

do you need a foreign teacher to practice spoken english with you ? it will take you 2 yuan per minute . but it really makes sense . I like to chat with him so much . I am sure that I will pass BEC Vbecause of practicing english with him for a long time .

回复  alexander.zh

do you need a foreign teacher to practice spoken english with you ? it wil ...
陈秀玲 发表于 2011-5-17 19:00

thank you ,it's no need now,because our company have offer the chance for me to take part in English training in the school ,the teacher is a American, hehe ! 2hours every weekend;

回复 17# alexander.zh

wow ! that's great ! I also hope that I can communicate with foreigner face to face . that must be wonderful !

回复 18# 陈秀玲

when you enter a Euramerican company you will face to kinds of foreigners, at that time you will find many funny things to work together with "laowai";I think the foreigners are  the diffrent humorous compared with Chinese,always they can make you laugh in spite of yourself,I like to work with foreigners;

回复 19# alexander.zh

yeah, I do agree with you . everytime I talked to Sam , I felt very happy because of his humours . and he is really generous , easy-going and kindhearted , I really like chatting a foreigner even if my oral english is poor . but , due to his encouragement , I will practice speaking english out more as possible as I can . I believe I can make a great progress through this way . come on !

返回列表