听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » MY IDEA OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
返回列表 发帖

MY IDEA OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP

I stayed after school so that I could watch the basketball game between St. Agnes and the Metro Deaf School. I was keeping the book of fouls, points, etc.; I was amazed. I have never seen better sportsmanship in my whole life.

There was one boy who stuck out from all of the rest. He was a seventh grader and an unbelievable basketball player. This player made all of his shots and the team wouldn't have even been in the game without him. This amazing player, whose Number is 32, fouled on the other team. The person he fouled fell down and crashed into the floor. Number 32 immediately dropped the ball and helped the other person up. Then, at the end of the game, he hugged the other team's coach even though they lost.

Even for people who don't play basketball, this boy's courage and good sportsmanship should be a lesson to all. The boy was deaf and communicated with his other team members and coach by sign language, which was hard when no one could hear each other and had trouble talking.

To that boy, keep up your determination, and to all of us:
Remember how nice you have it with out having anything wrong with you. So, go out in the world and be a good sport no matter where you are or what obstacles stand in your way.

返回列表