听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON
返回列表 发帖

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

Up until this past June, I was a pretty negative person. I don't know how I got that way, or why I was that way, but I was. Perhaps it was the way I looked... which I had been teased for, for the majority of my short life. Maybe it was because of my personality. I am very anti-social when I'm not in school. I don't go out often with friends, because I'm simply not up to it. I keep my group of friends pretty tight. I rather have one close friend that I could tell everything to, than 1,000,000 friends who I couldn't relate with. That's just the way I am.

I had one bad experience with a friend (whose name I wish to remain anonymous) and I thought I was through. This friend was so good to me in the beginning (or so I thought). He would give me compliments and was very sweet most of the time. He was 3 years older than me, which was ok because I always knew I was a mature young woman. Whether others see it or not, I do not know. I would carry on long conversations with him, mostly over the Internet because he lived in Long Island, and I had known him from a few hockey games.

Some times this "friend" would act a little rude, or immature to me, but he would always apologize, and I would forgive, because I thought very highly of him... somehow I blocked out who he really was-a jerk. I was really into him... and he acted the same way about me. I don't know what happened... but one day he just started to turn on me, and finally I ended the friendship, that I had enjoyed a lot.

To make a long story short, this so called "friend" of mine, turned out to be a very big jerk. He still harasses me with disgusting remarks... I just laugh them off. Around the same time that the friendship with this "friend" started getting a little bit rocky, I began to talk to another friend, named Jim, who I had also known from a few hockey games.. except... he was cheering for the OTHER team.

But that didn't bug me. He was very sweet, but in the beginning I saw past that because I was so very infatuated with the other "friend"... that I didn't leave much time for Jim... telling him that I couldn't talk, and whatnot. One night when my "friend" was really being a jerk to me (Over the Internet), I began to talk to Jim. It was like a smack in the face. I had been taking crap from my "friend" for about a month, and then here's Jim who was always being very sweet to me, but I had seen past that.

The more I talked to Jim... the more I forgot about this other "friend" and the more I realized... that this other "friend" had treated me with anything but respect. Jim and I talk now on a regular basis, and when the hockey season starts up again, we plan to meet up and see each other. I tell Jim everything... most things that sometimes I can't even tell my friend of 11 years.

Jim has got me to see the glass half full, not half empty. He manages to put a smile on my face, always. So I guess the point of my story is... that everything happens for a reason. My "friend" turning on me.... then I opened my eyes up to see a wonderful person (Jim) who treats me more than well and with respect. I guess there really is a light at the end of the dark, dark, tunnel.

返回列表