听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » Bean Sprouts Likely Source of Europe's E. coli Outbreak That Killed 22
返回列表 发帖

Bean Sprouts Likely Source of Europe's E. coli Outbreak That Killed 22

国际英语新闻:Bean Sprouts Likely Source of Europe's E. coli Outbreak That Killed 22
Source:    2011-06-06   English BBS   Favorite   Officials in Germany say they believe the deadly E.coli outbreak that has killed 22 people in Germany and Sweden is linked to locally grown bean sprouts豆芽.
Lower Saxony state agriculture minister Gert Lindemann told reporters Sunday that definitive决定性的,最后的,限定的 test results will be available Monday. He recommended that people in northern Germany stop eating bean sprouts immediately.
He said a company in the Uelzen region has been shut down停工,关闭 as the likely source of the contamination.
Earlier Sunday, health authorities reported the deaths of an additional three people in Germany, bringing the death toll死亡人数 to 22. Except for one woman who died in Sweden after a visit to Germany, all of the fatalities灾祸,命运 have been within German borders.

Health authorities say about 2,000 people, most of them in Germany, have been infected.  Ten other European nations and the United States have reported 90 infected people, nearly all of whom have recently been in northern Germany.
The outbreak is the deadliest in modern history to involve E. coli, and appears to be the second- or third-largest in terms of the number of people who have become ill.   Scientists say the bacteria is a previously unknown genetic recombination遗传重组,基因重组 of two different E. coli strains.

Many food had been reported to be unsafe.I wonder what food can we eat as safe in the future?

回复 2# xiaomeixin

yeah, I am wondering , too. what should we eat in the future ?

回复 3# 陈秀玲

I don't know.

回复 4# xiaomeixin

返回列表