听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2011-6-15故事:燃烧成功的欲望
返回列表 发帖

2011-6-15故事:燃烧成功的欲望

please read the story carefully,then translate red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

The motivation to succeed comes from the burning desire to achieve a purpose. Napoleon Hill wrote, “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
。拿破仑•希尔写道:“成功的意念能够到达个人的构想与信念所能到达的任何地方。”

A young man asked Socrates the secret to success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him toward the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and ducked him into the water. The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled his head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, “What did you want the most when you were there?” The boy replied, “Air.” Socrates said, “That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it.There is no other secret.”
           一个年轻人向苏格拉底询问成功的秘诀,苏格拉底让年轻人第二天早晨到河边见他。他们见面后,苏格拉底叫年轻人和他一起走向河里,当河水淹至他们的脖子时,苏格拉底出其不意地抓住年轻人并把其压入水中,那人想要挣出水面,而强壮有力的苏格拉底将他摁在水中直到他变得无力抗争,脸色发青。苏格拉底将他的头拖出水面,这个年轻人所做的第一件事就是大口喘息后,深吸一口气。苏格拉底问:“当你闷在水里的时候你最想要的是什么?”年轻人回答说:“空气。”苏格拉底说:“那就是成功的秘诀。当你像渴望空气一样渴望成功,你就能够获得它!没有其他的秘密了。”

A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

哦看

成功来源于对某种事物的强烈追求

I can succeed if i want to

成功的动力来源于达到目的的热切渴望

评分人数

• yy2235

The motivation to succeed comes from the burning desire to achieve a purpose.
成功的动力来自于对目标完成的激情。
I can not do the second sentence.

评分人数

• yy2235

When you want success as badly as you wanted the air. then you will get it .there is no other secret to success.

评分人数

• yy2235

A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.
燃烧的欲望是取得成就的开始。就像小小的火苗不足以取暖,薄弱的意志也难以有所建树。

评分人数

• yy2235

The motivation to succeed comes from the burning desire to achieve a purpose.
成功的动机来自于燃烧实现目标的渴望。
燃烧的欲望是所有成功的开始。就像一点小火苗是给不了很多热量,一点小欲望是不能创造伟大的结果一样。

评分人数

• yy2235

成功的动力来自达成目标的强烈欲望。
强烈的渴望是所有成就的起点。亦如小火苗不能给予太多热量,微弱的欲望不能带来满意的结果。

评分人数

• yy2235

so,reply it first.

强烈的愿望是成功的开端。就像一个小火苗无法提供足够的热量,一个渺小的欲望也无法获得好的结果。

1、成功的动力来自达成目标欲望的强烈。
强烈的渴望是成功的起点。就如小的火苗产生不了大热量,小的愿望成就不了大事。

评分人数

• yy2235

成功的动力来自于燃烧的欲望去完成目标。
燃烧的欲望是一切成就的起始点,就像星星之火不能带来太多的热,缺乏欲望不可能有大的成就。

When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it

The educational method of Socrates is so brilliant~

When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it.There is no other secret.

There is no aim , there is no success .  It adapt to me now.

LOL

返回列表