听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » 美语怎么说011: 人气
返回列表 发帖

美语怎么说011: 人气

Donny 在北京学汉语,他的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教他。今天吴琼是要问的:人气。

Donny: Hi, Wuqiong, do you want to go to this concert with me?

WQ: 演唱会?让我看看是哪个歌星开的。哇! 这个人现在是人气天王! 我当然愿意跟你去啦。哎?人气在英文里怎么说?

Donny: 人气就是受欢迎的程度。So you can use the word "popularity", p-o-p-u-l-a-r-i-t-y, popularity.

WQ: popularity 就是人气。这个词就是 popular 的名词形式嘛。

Donny: Exactly. I've heard about this singer's rising popularity. That's why I want to go to his concert.

WQ: 演唱会的表演嘉宾,guest stars,都有谁?

Donny: Well, here's the guest star list. Most of them are popular too, but who's this person on the bottom of the list? 我怎么没听说过。

WQ: 让我看看,让我看看。哦,这个女明星几年前很红,可后来过气了。

Donny: No wonder I've never heard about her. She's a has-been. The word "has-been" means someone who is no longer popular.

WQ: has-been? has 和 been放一起就是过气的人,过时的东西。This guest star used to be famous and popular, but now she's just a has-been.

Donny: 对。

WQ:这么说,她可能想借着当嘉宾的机会重新走红喽?

Donny: That's possible. This concert will be a good opportunity for her to stage a comeback.

WQ: comeback, c-o-m-e-b-a-c-k, comeback 就是东山再起,咸鱼翻身的意思吧?If this singer makes a comeback, she will regain her popularity!

Donny: Exactly. Now let's see what you've learned today!

WQ: 第一:人气叫 popularity; 第二:过气、过时的人或物是 a has-been; 第三:东山再起是 a comeback.

someone catapulted to fame,someone became  a has-been ,someone endeavored to ascend into the enternment circle, someone decided to come back,,,what a crazy world

Actors having their popularity is very luck, but they need to work hard in order not to being a has-been, even if they failled, as long as they don't give up, they will find a way to make their comeback.

not to see the sunshine when their popular.
they must give more than normal people.
but the stars in this times.have no one is my special love.
all ldol not the strength.

返回列表