听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【BBC教室】 » Artist gets ‘Third Eye’ 后脑勺植入摄像头
返回列表 发帖

Artist gets ‘Third Eye’ 后脑勺植入摄像头

Background: 很多老师可能希望能给自己的后脑勺装个摄像头来监视学生们。来自纽约的艺术家 Wafaa Bilal 就在自己的后脑勺植入了一个微型摄像头。他将把拍摄的照片传至卡塔尔的一家博物馆进行展出。

The camera is at least small - just the size of a thumbnail and less than an inch thick - but it will be switched on 24 hours a day for an entire year.

To have the camera installed in the back of his head, Iraqi-born Wafaa Bilal had to undergo a painful surgical procedure to tuck the camera firmly under his scalp.

The camera will take a photograph every single minute, digitally capturing every aspect of Wafaa Bilal's life.

The images will then be beamed from New York, where the artist lives, to the Middle East, where the photographs will be displayed at Qatar's new Arab Museum of Modern Art.

The artist says the project will raise important social, political and artistic questions, and has vowedto go about his daily life as normal.

But he admits some things, like sleeping for example, will be a bittricky.

He now has to sleep sitting upright, and cannot use a pillow.

There's also the question of privacy.

Wafaa Bilal says dinner party invitations have already started drying up.

Sometimes, people will pay a high price for the development of science. The case above is not accidetal.

回复 2# 雨落风残

science is priceless

I have a trouble in listening to the audio.

It just read "准备就绪"always and doesn't work.........

Could u answer me?

For me,everything here works well. I just pressed the start button,and it starts to play.

返回列表