听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » Madame Tussauds 杜莎夫人蜡像馆
返回列表 发帖

Madame Tussauds 杜莎夫人蜡像馆

Jo: In today's On The Town Oliver, we're going to a place where you can meet lots of famous people.

Oliver: 是吗?在伦敦?是不是名人们都喜欢去的什么饭店吧?

Jo: No, there's actually even more stars in this place – and you can have your picture taken with them – Brad Pitt, Beyonce, David Beckham, Johnny Depp.

Oliver: 哦,我非常喜欢 Beyonce,真希望能见到她。

Jo: Well there's just one thing though you need to know…the famous people are made from wax.

Oliver: 一说到能见到 Beyonce 我都有点兴奋过头了。不过你说,如果所有的名人都是用蜡 制造的,那我知道了,你说的一定是 Madame Tussauds,杜莎夫人蜡像馆。

Jo: That's right Oliver. We'll be learning all about Madame Tussauds on BBC Learning English today!

(voices…)

Now in lots of big cities there is a Madame Tussauds and it is a very popular tourist attraction. A tourist attraction.

Oliver: 旅游景点,为了了解蜡像馆为什么这么吸引人,我们采访了杜莎夫人蜡像馆的公关经理 Ben Lovett.

Insert

We have wax figures – likenesses of famous people, particular to the UK market but also internationally well-known like Hollywood celebrities.

Jo: So there are lots of wax figures.

Oliver: 蜡像,按照名人样子做的蜡像。

Jo: A likeness. So the figures are likenesses of famous people particular to the UK market. Particular to.

Oliver: 特别针对英国人喜好的名人。同时还有很多世界知名的名人蜡像。

Jo: Internationally well-known – like Hollywood celebrities. You're listening to On The Town from BBC Learning English and today we're finding out about Madame Tussauds – an attraction where you can see wax figures of lots of famous celebrities. This is a popular tourist attraction in London and we asked Ben why he thinks it's so popular.

Insert

I think there's always been traditionally a frisson when people get near to a famous person they normally wouldn't be able to and I think we aim to tap into that.

Jo: So Ben used the word traditionally.

Oliver: 传统的。

Jo: And a frisson.

Oliver: 因为激动而颤抖,and Ben also used the expression to tap into something 是指借助什么事大做文章,借此发挥以达到预计的效果或目的。

Jo: To tap into something. Here's Ben again.

Insert

I think there's always been traditionally a frisson when people get near to a famous person they normally wouldn't be able to and I think we aim to tap into that.

Jo: And we were wondering which celebrity is causing the most excitement at Madame Tussauds at the moment?

Oliver: 你猜猜会是谁呢?

Insert

Johnny Depp's figure is absolutely spot on and this one just raises the bar in terms of likeness – and I think the whole experience around in the room – it's like a creaking pirate ship, the sights, the smells of a pirate ship I think that's definitely the most popular from guest feedback as well.

Jo: So Johnny Depp's figure is spot-on.

Oliver: 到位。Ben 还说了提高了水准。

Jo: To raise the bar. It raises the bar in terms of likeness – so he thinks it really looks a lot like Johnny Depp.

Oliver: Ben 介绍说在杜莎夫人蜡像馆陈列的加勒比海盗系列,就像一艘吱吱作响的海盗船。

Jo: A pirate ship. A creaking pirate ship. It feels like you're in a pirate ship and even tries to smell like one.

Oliver: 哇,就是说看起来完全像真的海盗船。Ben 说,从观众反馈来讲,这个地方是现在在蜡像馆里最受欢迎的展区。

Jo: Feedback. Feedback from the visitors or guests.

So that's Madame Tussauds for you.

Oliver: 我们会给大家听一听参观蜡像馆的观众自己是怎么评价这里的,听起来他们对这里都是十二分的满意,你会听到一些用来描述“伟大”的不同的词儿。比如 terrific, fabulous, awesome.

Jo: Terrific, fabulous, awesome. We spoke to people from Italy and the UK.

Oliver: 奥地利,对了,当然少不了中国。这儿绝对是一个国际旅游胜地。

Jo: That's all from this week's On The Town. You can find out more on our website www.bbcchina.com.cn. Goodbye from us here at BBC Learning English.

Oliver: Bye for now.

Insert

- I'm from Hunan. It's terrific fabulous – it really looks like real people and just great fun here.

- I love it because you can make photos with lots of famous persons (I love it because you can take photos with lots of famous people).

- A really good really interesting experience.

- It's a good place

- It's awesome

返回列表