听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 战胜内心“胆小鬼”
返回列表 发帖

战胜内心“胆小鬼”

Unless you decide to live in a bubble, we know that bad things will happen to good people. And even in the bubble you're not immune. But in times like these we must be careful to avoid what I like to call "Chicken Little" thinking. You know how that old children's story goes, when an acorn (or an apple--depending on the version you read) falls on her head she thinks the sky is falling. And as she encounters her friends, Henny Penny, Cocky Locky and Goosey Poosy, she is so convincing that they each stop what they are doing and get caught up in the mass hysteria of it all. Because they are all distracted by the possibility of disaster that they don't see danger when it walks right up to them.
除非你决定生活在泡泡里,否则我们知道坏事会发生在好人身上。就算你在那个泡泡里,你也无法幸免。可是,在如今的时刻,我们必须小心地回避我称之为的“胆小鬼”思维。你是知道的,那个古老的儿童故事的内容:从前,有一个橡子(或苹果--根据你的读物)掉在了她的头上,她认为天要塌了,当她遇到了自己的朋友Henny Penny,Cocky,Locky还有Goosey Poosy,她显得深信无疑,至于她的朋友们都停下在做的事情,都染上了集体歇斯底里。因为一个不知道何时会出现在它们眼前的灾难可能性使它们都分了心。
I think in these uncertain times there is a possibility that each of us can become susceptible to our inner Chicken Little. As we hear of layoffs daily and watch the economy shift we can't help but feel a bit anxious—whether we're personally impacted or not. And it is easy for us to see the fragility of our worlds. We know that our sky might fall at any moment. But when we succumb to such thinking we stop living and become paralyzed by a mere possibility. Sure, if it becomes your reality it can be scary. But even then you can't think your world is coming to an end.
我想,在不确定的时期里,我们每个人都有可能出现“胆小鬼”心理。当我们每天都听说下岗,看着经济转变,自己除了有些焦虑之外无能为力--不论个人受到影响与否。而且容易看到我们个人的脆弱性。我们知道,我们的自己的“天”随时可能塌下来。但是,当我们屈服于这类思维,我们就停止了生活,被一个无非的可能性束缚地无法动弹。当然,如果那成为你的现实,是够吓人。但是,就算那个时候,你也不能认为你的世界结束了。
Instead, you need to be like "Dumbo" and use the things you once saw as liabilities as your greatest asset. Although things may be rough, we can never see them an untenable. It is out of these struggles that many us will find the strength and determination we never knew we had.
相反,你需要(有)像“Dumbo”(《小飞象》)一样(的精神),用你曾经视作为累赘的东西作为你最大的财富。虽然事情可能困难,但是我们决不能将它们看成为一...。正是在这些奋斗中,许多人将会找到自己不曾知道拥有的力量和决心。

never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
tingroom 发表于 2011-7-6 09:59

There is no doubt that i like the sentence.

i like this story. you know, there's bad predict about 2012, but we still can't stop living now!

楼上的说的这么慎得慌

Weakness of the heart often make me can't do anything

返回列表