听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 中英对照---英国科学家称研究发现先有鸡后有蛋(2011-7-14)
返回列表 发帖

中英对照---英国科学家称研究发现先有鸡后有蛋(2011-7-14)

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Scientists in Britain think it was probably the chicken, after using new computer technology to try and crack the age-old riddle.
  究竟是鸡生蛋,还是蛋生鸡?英国科学家在应用最新电脑技术尝试破解这一古老谜题后宣称,很有可能是先有鸡后有蛋。

Researchers at the Universities of Sheffield and Warwick, in northern and central England, say the secret lies in the eggshell -- specifically the vital role played by a chicken protein in forming it.
  位于英格兰北部谢菲尔德大学和中部华威大学的研究人员称,这一秘密源自蛋壳---特别是鸡体内的一种蛋白质在形成蛋壳的过程中扮演着关键的角色。

Scientists already knew that the protein, ovocledidin-17 (OC-17), plays a part ineggshell formation, but the new technology allowed the team to demonstrate exactly how the protein makes it happen.
  科学家之前已发现这种名为OC-17的蛋白质与蛋壳形成有关,但新技术使研究小组可以精确展示这种蛋白质如何促进了蛋壳的形成。

In a computer simulation, the OC-17 protein acted as a catalyst to kickstart the formation of crystals that make up an eggshell by clamping itself on to calcium carbonate particles.
  在计算机模拟中,蛋白质OC-17类似于一种催化剂,通过作用于碳酸钙,促进了构成蛋壳的晶体的形成。

The OC-17 protein then dropped off when the crystal nucleus was large enough to grow on its own, freeing up the protein to start the process again.
  在晶核足够大,可以自行生长之后,蛋白质OC-17就逐渐消退了,之后便可以投身于下一次的转化过程。

Eggshells are created when this happens many times over within a short period of time.
  当这一过程在短时间内多次重复之后,蛋壳就形成了。

"Understanding how chickens make eggshells is fascinating in itself but can also give clues towards designing new materials and processes," said Professor John Harding from Sheffield University, one of the authors of the research.
  研究报告的作者之一、谢菲尔德大学的约翰•哈丁教授说:“弄清楚鸡蛋壳是如何长出的非常有趣,而且还有助于研发新材料和新工艺。”

"Nature has found innovative solutions that work for all kinds of problems in materials science and technology -- we can learn a lot from them," he added.
  他补充说:“大自然为材料科技的所有难题都准备好了创新性的解决办法,我们从中可以学到很多。”

Vocabulary:

play a part in: 与……有关,对……有影响

kickstart: to help a process or project start more quickly(促使……开始,使尽快启动)

评分人数

But where is the first chicken came from?

But where is the first chicken came from?
sunny萝卜 发表于 2011-7-14 16:09

It is a difficult question.....But after all, the emerge of chicken is good news for me. Otherwise, there won't be my favourite KFC.

回复 3# 雨落风残

God,fastfood.

回复 4# sunny萝卜

It seems that you like Alrale, do you?

回复 5# 雨落风残

Yes, a strange girl but brave,kind-hearted,and live happily.

I like dragon ball.

I wanna know whether the first chicken was a lovely girl or a handsome boy?

回复 8# 宝贝猪头

Adam and Eve?

Adam.

回复 9# sunny萝卜

how did Adam lay eggs then?

回复 10# 宝贝猪头

Changed from bone.

Amazing.I used to think that this is a complex problem and hard to explain.After reading this,I found it interesting.Thanks for sharing.

评分人数

• sunny萝卜

返回列表