听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » A girl's smile-(28-110715)
返回列表 发帖

A girl's smile-(28-110715)

大约十年前,我还在上大学,当时我在学校自然历史博物馆里实习。有一天,当我在赠品店的收银机那里忙活时,看到一对年迈的夫妇,推着一辆轮椅走了进来,轮椅上坐了个小女孩。

About ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college, I was working as an intern at my University's Museum of Natural History. One day while working at the cash register【收银机】 in the gift shop, I saw an elderly couple come in with a little girl in a wheelchair.

As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was kind of perched on her chair. I then realized she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and torso【残缺不全的东西】. She was wearing a little white dress with red polka【女用紧身短上衣】 dots.

As the couple wheeled her up to me I was looking down at the register. I turned my head toward the girl and gave her a wink. As I took the money from her grandparents, I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the cutest, largest smile I have ever seen.

All of a sudden her handicap【障碍】 was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just melted me and almost instantly gave me a completely new sense of what life is all about. She took me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her world; a world of smiles, love and warmth.

That was ten years ago. I'm a successful business person now and whenever I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable lesson about life that she taught me.

From 原版英语

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

We always complain about how unfair the world is and why doesn't god give us that he has.People will be happier when they expect less.The only thing life really promises us is pain,it's up to us to create the joy.So,let's keep smiling.The world would be more wonderful.

评分人数

• sunny萝卜

回复 2# xiaomeixin

Life putted in front of us is the same. What you said is right.It's up to us.Our attitude decide the road.

how cute a girl with a strong of mind~!~!~!less complaint ,at least we have a perfect body right??

评分人数

回复 4# 莎莎dawn

Right.When i have nothing,i will think at least i have a sound body.Then i will start again.

Let do it together~!~!~!

回复 6# 莎莎dawn

everyone like this kind of girl

评分人数

本帖最后由 sunny萝卜 于 2011-12-5 16:14 编辑

A long time I have not been here as I was very busy.When we meet everything,we must look at the bright side of it.Come on!

1.As i was very busy,i hadn't been here for a long time.

2.I have not been here for a long time for I'm so busy.--I recommend this sentence.

评分人数

回复 8# tingroom

yeah,she is an angel.

回复 9# feier19870322

What you said is so right.We should find out the bright side of thing.

返回列表