听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 英文美文:发挥潜力,创造无限
返回列表 发帖

英文美文:发挥潜力,创造无限

My skills, my mind, my heart, and my body will stagnate, rot, and die lest I put them to good use. I have unlimited potential. Only a small portion of my brain do I employ; only a paltry amount of my muscles do I flex. A hundredfold or more can I increase my accomplishments of yesterday and this I will do, beginning today.
我的技艺,我的头脑,我的心灵,我的身体,若不善加利用,都将随着时间的流逝而迟钝,腐朽,甚至死亡。我的潜力无穷无尽,脑力、体能稍加开发,就能超过以往的任何成就。从今天开始。我就要开发潜力。
Nevermore will I be satisfied with yesterday's accomplishments nor will I indulge, anymore, in self-praise for deeds which in reality are too small to even acknowledge. I can accomplish far more than I have, and I will, for why should the miracle which produced me end with my birth? Why can I not extend that miracle to my deeds of today?
我不再因昨日的成绩沾沾自喜,不再为微不足道的成绩目吹自擂。我能做的比已经完成的更好。我的出生并非最后一样奇迹,为什么自己不能再创奇迹呢?
And I am not on this earth by chance. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
我不是随意来到这个世上的。我生来应为高山。而非草芥。从今往后,我要竭尽全力成为群峰之巅。将我的潜能发挥到最大限度。
I have been given eyes to see and a mind to think and now I know a great secret of life for I perceive, at last, that all my problems, discouragements, heartaches are, in truth, great opportunities in disguise. I will no longer be fooled by the garments they wear for mine eyes are open. I will look beyond the cloth and I will not be deceived.
我有双眼,可以观察;我有头脑,可以思考。现在我已洞悉了一个人生中伟大的奥秘。我发现,一切问题、沮丧、悲伤,都是乔装打扮的机遇之神。我不再被他们的外表所蒙骗,我已睁开双眼,看破了他们的伪装。

From: http://www.hxen.com/englisharticle/yingyumeiwen/2011-07-09/148731.html

返回列表