听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 交流茶馆 » 求助翻譯!TKS~
返回列表 发帖

求助翻譯!TKS~

If I Rest, I Rust
The significant inscription found on an old key---“If I rest, I rust”---would be an excellent motto for those who are afflicted with the slightest bit of idleness. Even the most industrious person might adopt it with advantage to serve as a reminder that, if one allows his faculties to rest, like the iron in the unused key, they will soon show signs of rust and, ultimately, cannot do the work required of them.
Those who would attain the heights reached and kept by great men must keep their faculties polished by constant use, so that they may unlock the doors of knowledge, the gate that guard the entrances to the professions, to science, art, literature, agriculture---every department of human endeavor.
Industry keeps bright the key that opens the treasury of achievement. If Hugh Miller, after toiling all day in a quarry, had devoted his evenings to rest and recreation, he would never have become a famous geologist. The celebrated mathematician, Edmund Stone, would never have published a mathematical dictionary, never have found the key to science of mathematics, if he had given his spare moments to idleness, had the little Scotch lad, Ferguson, allowed the busy brain to go to sleep while he tended sheep on the hillside instead of calculating the position of the stars by a string of beads, he would never have become a famous astronomer.
Labor vanquishes all---not inconstant, spasmodic, or ill-directed labor; but faithful, unremitting, daily effort toward a well-directed purpose. Just as truly as eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, so is eternal industry the price of noble and enduring success.

so many,dear?

Yes!
兄弟姐妹們,幫幫忙吧!TKS~

哇,难度有点大呀

一点一点来,如果不对,大家帮忙改呀

如果我无所事事,我将一无所成。
有一个令人难忘的谚语是这样说的,"如果我无所事事,我将一无所成",这是对那些勤奋的,哪怕懒惰一会也会觉的痛苦的人的最好形容。即使最勤奋的人也会时常提醒自己,如果不发挥自己的才能,就象钥匙长时间不用会马上生锈,最终无用。

评分人数

• DZ

Those who would attain the heights reached and kept by great men must keep their faculties polished by constant use, so that they may unlock the doors of knowledge, the gate that guard the entrances to the professions, to science, art, literature, agriculture---every department of human endeavor.
这些已经取得一些成功而且还持续不断努力人必须不断的实践来丰富知识,所以他们打开了通向知道的大门,这道门把守着通向专业、科学、艺术、文学以及所人类各种实践智慧。

评分人数

• DZ

Industry keeps bright the key that opens the treasury of achievement. If Hugh Miller, after toiling all day in a quarry, had devoted his evenings to rest and recreation, he would never have become a famous geologist. The celebrated mathematician,
勤奋不断擦亮通往成功宝藏的钥匙,修米勒不是经过苦心钻研,牺牲他睡觉和娱乐时间,他不可能成为一个著名的地质学家,数学家。

评分人数

• DZ

Edmund Stone, would never have published a mathematical dictionary, never have found the key to science of mathematics, if he had given his spare moments to idleness, had the little Scotch lad, Ferguson, allowed the busy brain to go to sleep while he tended sheep on the hillside instead of calculating the position of the stars by a string of beads, he would never have become a famous astronomer.
如果埃得蒙·斯东把时间用在了逍遥上,就不会出版数学手册,就不会找到通向数学科学的方法;费哥森没有让自己睡觉而是详细计算着星星的位置,他就不可能成为著名的天文学家。

评分人数

• DZ

Labor vanquishes all---not inconstant, spasmodic, or ill-directed labor; but faithful, unremitting, daily effort toward a well-directed purpose. Just as truly as eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, so is eternal industry the price of noble and enduring success.
不长久的,间断的,方向错误的会一劳无获,而诚实面对困难的,不间断,不停止,朝着一个正确方向努力的实践可以击败任何遇到的困难。正如不断的提醒自己努力向前正是迈向自由代价,不断的勤奋努力也是取得永远成功的精要所在。

评分人数

• DZ

不对的地方请版主更正更正!

哇,你好強啊~

這個是在一個版塊上摘下來的,是一篇美文,不過,沒有翻譯。
我記得版主只翻譯了第一句。
If I Rest, I Rust
如果我休息,我就会生锈

Thanks Hehuhu!

哈哈,尽力而以,感觉翻译起来挺吃力的

返回列表