听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【故 事】2011.8.15-生活充满选择(1)
返回列表 发帖

【故 事】2011.8.15-生活充满选择(1)

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-8-15 10:18 编辑

Life is full of choices. When you met with it, how did you choose? Read this paragraph and tell me about it.

Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I’d be twins!” He was a natural motivator.

迈克尔是那种你真想恨一恨的家伙,他总是乐呵呵的,总是说些积极上进的话。如果有人问他近况如何,他会这样回答:“已经不能比这更好了!”他生来就会让人积极进取。

If an employee was having a bad day, Michael was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation. Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Michael and asked him, "I don' t get it. You can' t be positive all the time. How do you do it?"

如果哪位雇员有天过得很糟糕,迈克尔会告诉他如何看待问题的积极一面。他的这种方式着实让我好奇,所以有一天我找到迈克尔问:“我真弄不明白。你怎么能总是那样积极乐观?你是如何做到这一点的?”

Michael replied, each morning I wake up and say to myself 'Mike, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.' I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life."

迈克尔回答说,“每天早晨醒来时我对自己说,‘迈克,今天你有两种选择。你可以选择心情愉快,你也可以选择心情恶劣。’我选择心情愉快。每次什么不愉快的事情发生时,我可以选择成为一个牺牲品,也可以选择从中吸取教训。我选择从中吸取教训。每次有什么人找我来抱怨,我可以选择接受他们的抱怨,也可以选择向他指出生活的积极面。我选择指出生活的积极面。”

"Yeah, right. It isn't that easy." I protested.

“是的,不错。可并不那么容易呀。”我表示异议。

"Yes it is, " Michael said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line is: It's your choice how you live life. " I reflected on what Michael said.

“其实很容易,”迈克尔说。“生活就是选择。从每一事物剔除一切枝节后剩下的都是一种选择。你选择如何应付生活中的种种情形。你选择他人会怎样影响你的情绪。你选择是心情愉快还是心情恶劣。说到底:如何生活是你自己的选择。”我琢磨着迈克尔的这席话。

Soon thereafter, I left the big enterprise that I had worked in for years to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often though about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, I heard Michael was involved in a serious accident, falling off 60 feet from a communications tower.

那以后不久,我离开了工作数年的大企业去创建自己的公司。我们失去了联系,但当我对生活做出一种选择而非对它做出反应时,我时常想起迈克尔。几年之后,我听说迈克尔遭遇一场恶性事故,从一座通讯大楼的60英尺高处掉了下来。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

I think everyone should be in a good mood. If you always were in a bad mood, you could lost your confidence and your life couldn't be better compared to others. As a matter of fact, everybody is at the same  starting point. If you falied at the same starting point, you would  not be successful.

评分人数

i only look understand  a fat lot  demand  endeavor

评分人数

回复 2# 亿思绪

Keep yourself in good mood all time.

I think If everyone can keep a good mood  on everyday,we will  be worth  spending the time .(这句话有毛病就帮我改)

回复 5# zst1

Keep a good mood everyday.  Not "on everyday"

We will be worth spending time. 是什么意思,与前句的if假设句似乎没有什么联系。

谢谢!!!!!

回复 7# zst1

不客气,多加阅读,练习,思考,会有很大的进步的。加油奥……

返回列表