听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【故 事】2011.8.16-生活充满选择(2)
返回列表 发帖

【故 事】2011.8.16-生活充满选择(2)

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-8-16 09:49 编辑

After l8 hours of surgery, and weeks of intensive care, Michael was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back. I saw Michael about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I’d be twins. Wanna see my scars?" I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

在经历了18个小时的手术和数周的精心护理之后,迈克尔出院了,背部装有金属杆。大约事故半年之后,我见到了迈克尔。当我问他怎么样时,他回答,“如果我还能再好,我就成双胞胎了。想看看我的伤疤吗?”我拒绝看他的伤痕,但的确问了他事故发生时他是怎么想的。

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well being of my soon-to-born daughter," Michael replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, remembered I had two choices: I could choose to live or I could choose to die. I chose to live." "Weren’t you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked. Michael continued, "... the paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the operation room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, l read 'He's a dead man.' I knew I needed to take action." "What did you do?" I asked. "Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me” said Michael. "She asked me if I was allergic to anything. ‘Yes,’ I said. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled", ‘Gravity’” Over their laughter, I told them, 'I'm choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead'."

“我首先想到的是我那即将出世的女儿的幸福生活,”迈克尔答道。“当时我躺在地上,我记起我有两种选择:我可以选择活着,也可以选择死。我选择了活。”“你难道不害怕吗?你失去知觉了吗?”我问。迈克尔接着说,“……那些护理人员棒极了。他们不停地告诉我我会好的。但当他们把我推进手术室,我看到医生和护士脸上的表情时,我真是吓坏了。在他们的眼里,我读出了‘他是个死人。’我知道我应该采取行动。”“你采取了什么行动?”我问道。“有一位人高马大的护士大声冲我问问题,”迈克尔说。“她问我是否对什么过敏。‘是的,’我说。医生和护士都停下手中的活儿等我回答。我深吸一口气大声说出,‘万有引力。’他们的笑声未了,我告诉他们,‘我选择活着。把我当活人而不是死人来做手术。”’

Michael lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I leamed from him that every day we have a choice to live fully. Attitude is everything.

迈克尔活了下来,这要感谢他那些医生的高明医术,但也要归功于他那令人赞叹的态度。我从他那里学到了我们每天都有机会充实地活着,关键是态度。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

Attitude is everything.

评分人数

fighting for future

回复 2# sunnyraintsk

Give yourself a positive attitude.

回复 4# kuangye678

I'm happy to

Attitude is everything.

And I do believe it!

评分人数

a good attitude,a happy life

评分人数

回复 7# kj5785501

Never forget!

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-8-16 21:09 编辑

回复 8# 黄家小三

Keep it in your mind and live happily forever

Learn to be stronger to face life and all difficulties..

评分人数

have courage to face difficuties~

attitude is everthing!

评分人数

返回列表