听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【故 事】2011.8.20-地狱和天堂
返回列表 发帖

【故 事】2011.8.20-地狱和天堂

Read the paragraph carefully and translate the sentences in red. you can also tell me what you are thinking about after you read it.

A man died and was on his way to another world, either the Heaven or the hell. He saw an extremely magnificent palace half way and the owner of the palace asked him to stay and live in the palace.
有一个人死后,在去阎罗殿的路上,遇见一座金碧辉煌的宫殿。宫殿的主人请求他留下来居住。

The man said, "I have been working arduously during my life and now I just want to eat and sleep without any work."

The owner of the palace said, "If so, there is nowhere else better than here for you. There are a wealth of seafood and delicacies in my palace and you can eat whatever you want without anyone stopping you. Moreover, you can rest assured that nothing needs to be done by you." Then, the man settled down in the palace.
宫殿主人答道:“若是这样,那么世界上再也没有比这里更适宜居住的了。我这里有山珍海味,你想吃什么就吃什么,不会有人来阻止你。而且,我保证没有任何事情需要你做。”于是,这个人就住了下来。

At the beginning, the man felt very happy at the rotation of eating and sleeping. But gradually, he felt a bit lonely and void. So he went to the owner and groaned, "It is very tedious to live by just eating and sleeping every day. Now I show no interest in this kind of life any more. Could you help me find a job?"
开始的一段日子,这个人吃了睡,睡了吃,感到非常快乐。渐渐地,他觉得有点寂寞和空虚,于是去见宫殿主人,抱怨道:“这种每天吃吃睡睡的日子过久了也没有意思。我对这种生活已经提不起一点兴趣了。你能否为我找一个工作?”

The owner replied, "Sorry, there is no job here at all."
宫殿的主人答道:“对不起,我们这里从来就不曾有过工作。”

After another several months, the man could not bear the present life and went to the owner again, "I really could not stand this sort of life any more. If you do not offer me a job, I would prefer to go to the hell instead of living here."
又过了几个月,这个人实在忍不住了,又去见宫殿的主人:“这种日子我实在受不了。如果你不给我工作,我宁愿去下地狱,也不要再住在这里了。

The owner of the palace smiled contemptuously, "Do you think it is Heaven here? It is actually the hell !"

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Work ing  is a very  important thing in our life .
If we don't working ,we can't understand the Significance of  our lifes.
NO working ,No value !

评分人数

这个男人说:“我已经费力地工作了一生了,现在我就想要吃和睡没有任何工作。”
这宫殿的主人傲慢地笑着说:你认为这里是天堂吗?其实这里是地狱。
When someone is born, it means he will work in all his life. However, everyone's work is different ,for example: comfortable and difficult ,etc. In fact ,we can find some happiness from work if you are positive.

评分人数

We both need rest and work in our life.If we did nothing,we would feel boring and meaningless.

评分人数

看看答案

那个人说,我一生都在辛苦的工作,现在我只想享受美食和酣眠,不想做任何工作。

评分人数

working is not a bad thing.through hardwork you can know the meaning of work.and go on working.

回复 7# seaso

If we have a lot of leisure time, That will make us bored.

the story tell me,we need some aim in life

回复 9# shenyumen8800

YES, Career is a part of our life.

thanks i like it

返回列表