听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 捷豹路虎将建低排放发动机工厂
返回列表 发帖

捷豹路虎将建低排放发动机工厂

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is to invest £355m to build low emission engines at a site near Wolverhampton, the firm announced.

捷豹路虎公司宣布,将在伍尔夫汉普顿某地投资3.55亿英镑建造一座低排放发动机工厂。

Jaguar's new C-X16 sports car was unveiled in Frankfurt last week

The luxury carmaker's development was expected to create up to 750 new jobs at the i54 business park near the M54.

The site was confirmed as one of several new enterprise zones in July.

Last year JLR, owned by Indian firm Tata, said it was reversing a decision to close one of its two West Midlands factories.

The group's headquarters is in Gaydon, Warwickshire, with Land Rovers produced in Solihull and Halewood, Merseyside and Jaguar models produced at Castle Bromwich, near Birmingham.

The business park is part of a 120-hectare site.

Last week, JLR unveiled three new concept cars at the Frankfurt Motor Show on the back of a period of strong sales fuelled, partly, by a growing number of orders from foreign markets, including China and India.

Speaking earlier on Monday, Bob Nason, the Unite union plant convenor at the Solihull Land Rover plant, said it was "great news".

"It's a far cry from where we were two years ago, worrying times two years ago as well.

"I think it's testament not only to the current workforce in the sacrifices they've made during those two years, but also I think testament to Tata's commitment to fulfilling a promise to create thousands of new jobs here in the UK.

"I think this will just be the start of that process."

更多英语新闻

返回列表