听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 在你生命里,我是第一个爱你的男人-(111012)
返回列表 发帖

在你生命里,我是第一个爱你的男人-(111012)

天下的父母在子女成人结婚这一刻都是一样的感动和兴奋,也都是一样的爱着自己的孩子。转摘自美国前总统小布什的弟弟尼尔·布什写给女儿婚前的一封信。

August 17, 2011

Lauren,

劳伦,

As the big weekend approaches I am more and more worried that I might break up during my toast so as a pre-emptive strike please accept this letter and gifts. My feelings about you and your marriage are personal and while I hope to share the sentiments with those at the dinner, it's more important to me that you realize how much I love you and how proud I am of the amazing woman you have become.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

My memory for specifics is terrible but my memory for how precious you were as a child is vivid. I loved cradling you in my arms in the wee hours of the morning when you awoke for a bottle, draping your sleepy body over my shoulder when you were too pooped to walk, giving you under doggies in the park, tossing you high in the air in the pool in Marine, and reading kids books on the floor of the Denver book store with you on my lap. From your first days you have had a quiet, beautiful, and kind demeanor. You are thoughtful, sensitive, caring and loving. You were, and still are, an angel.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

When I think of you as an adult, I think of your big heart. It's your heart that has led you to be a bright point of light causing millions of meals to be served to hungry kids. It is your heart that has led you to your vegetarian lifestyle. It is your heart that helps you care for family and friends in need. For these reasons I have selected three hearts that are this dad's gift to his soon to wed daughter.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

One heart is a locket with a picture of you and me together. It's a reminder that of the men in your life I loved you first and will always love you forever and ever---the kind of unconditional love that your granny and gampy have all their kids and grandkids all their lives.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The second heart is made of jade and has the Chinese character "Fu". Jade represents luck and "Fu" means happiness. Maria and I want your life to be filled with both. David is a very good man, a lucky man, and when I see you two together, arms draped over neck and around waist, we see happiness. You guys have fun together, a child like fun that we hope lasts a lifetime.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The third heart is just pretty and represents your beauty, not the vane kind but the inside and out kind. You are wonderful, loving gift from god, a beautiful human being.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

So we are thrilled that you are entering this exciting phase of your life, we're thrilled that you have landed in a family that places family as the highest priority in life, one that has swallowed up in the Lauren clan, remember that your mom and I loved you first and, along with Maria we will love and support you always.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Finally, the wedding will be amazing. I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle in your beautiful gown. And I can't wait to dance with you in celebration. My hope is that the event and the whole weekend will bring lasting memories, like an epic move.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

A father's greatest dream is that his child's life is filled with joy---that is my hope for you, our hope for you and David.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

This from your devoted and proud...Dad

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

P.S. I can't wait to love your kids the way I love you.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

FROM CHINADAILY

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

happy to learn

评分人数

你重要的周末婚礼正在接近了,我越来越担心我祝酒的时候可能会哽咽。因此,作为先期补偿,请接受这封信和礼物。我对你和你的婚姻的感想是很私密的。我希望能在晚宴时跟与宴嘉宾分享这种感觉。对于我而言,更重要的是你知道我有多爱你,我有多自豪你能成为如此美丽的女士。

评分人数

• sunny萝卜

nice couple

happy to learn

happy to learn

回复 2# gaohelao

hope you can gain a lot from here.

回复 3# watery04

you did so great job.

回复 4# 时尚岛01

you're totally wrong.

One is father,another is daughter.

回复 5# jrunde

回复 6# wwwzys

yeah!

本帖最后由 sunny萝卜 于 2011-11-7 16:36 编辑

And my father is my first love of a man. My father is my first teacher . He teaches me how to love. I think every people (one)should care  about them(their) father when they (are)old.

评分人数

• sunny萝卜

回复 13# 花满川

I agreed.No one will love us more than our parents.

回复 2# gaohelao

come on!

回复 16# 小尾巴猪

you are welcome

学习……

回复 18# tangjiaqiang

返回列表