听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2011.10.18(1)
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2011.10.18(1)

It is a startling sight atop one of the most recognizable structures in Washington: a rope rigger, climbing out on the tip of the 169-meter-high Washington Monument.
华盛顿最容易辨认的建筑上是令人触目惊心的景象:一条绳索保护架攀爬在169米高的华盛顿纪念塔。
Jeff Comer stopped to watch on his way to work."I knew they were looking at the earthquake damage, but then I saw this guy up on the monument and I have never seen anybody up there before," he said. "It’s really cool!"
Jeff Comer在上班途中驻足观看。“我知道他们在查看地震造成的损害,但是我看到这个男子爬上了纪念塔,我以前从来没见过有人爬上去,非常棒。”
Bonnie Saxen and a friend, visiting from Pierson, Iowa, thought the man trying to climb the monument was deranged."And then we realized he’s a professional climber and he is checking to see if there are any cracks after the earthquake here," Saxon said. "And I’m glad I’m not him!"
Bonnie Saxen和来自爱荷华州Pierson的一个朋友原以为爬上纪念塔的人精神错乱。“后来我们意识到他是专业的攀爬人员,正在检查地震有没有造成纪念塔出现裂缝。我很高兴,我不是他。”
Recently-released surveillance video from the observation deck near the top shows the monument shaking violently during the earthquake. Nikolette Williams is the park ranger in the video with about 20 visitors on the observation deck.
顶端附近的观察台最近发布的监控录像显示,地震期间这座纪念塔曾经剧烈晃动。Nikolette Williams是公园管理人员,他和视频中的20名游客当时就在观察台上。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

看来我要多听听才行了!

The  rigger was making    priperition for team engineers were pull down  of monument to inspept
damage from 5.8 earthquate of Washton in August.

返回列表