听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【新概念教室】 » 新概念入门第三册23
返回列表 发帖

新概念入门第三册23

Lesson 23
One man's meat is another man's poison
People become quite illogical when they try to decide what can be eaten and what cannot be eaten. If you lived in the Mediterranean, for instance, you would consider octopus a great delicacy. You would not be able to understand why some people find it repulsive. (1)_____________________________. The sad truth is that most of us have been brought up to eat certain foods and we stick to them all our lives.
No creature has received more praise and abuse than the common garden snail. Cooked in wine, snails are a great luxury in various parts of the world. (2)_____________________________. As his flat is in a large town, he has no garden of his own. For years he has been asking me to collect snails from my garden and take them to him. (3)_____________________________. Acting on a sudden impulse, I collected several dozen, put them in a paper bag, and took them to Robert. Robert was delighted to see me and equally pleased with my little gift. I left the bag in the hall and Robert and I went into the living room where we talked for a couple of hours. I had forgotten all about the snails when Robert suddenly said that I must stay to dinner. Snails would, of course, be the main dish. I did not fancy the idea and I reluctantly followed Robert out of the room. To our dismay, we saw that there were snails everywhere: they had escaped from the paper bag and had taken complete possession of the hall! I have never been able to look at a snail since then.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1)On the other hand, your stomach would  turn the idea of frying potatoes,animal fat .the normally exceptive practise many northern countries
2)There are company's people who everything than early yars,have learned to associate  snails with food ,my friend Robert live the country where snails on despised
3)The idea never appeal to meet very much,but one day,after have shower ,I happen to be working in my garden,when I noted a huge number snails taking a stroll on some my prize plants

评分人数

• Rebecca949

I a junior,I want to talk a good English

返回列表