听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 美变性男子顺利产下女婴
返回列表 发帖

美变性男子顺利产下女婴

Thomas Beatie, the transsexual man who made headlines after becoming pregnant, has given give birth to a baby girl today.
The birth at a hospital in Bend, Oregon, was natural, according to a source, though earlier reports said that Mr Beatie planned to have a Caesarean section.
"She's really cute, really pretty," the source told ABC News.
Mr Beatie, 34, was born a woman - Tracey Lagondino - but had his breasts surgically removed and began taking males hormones several years ago.
He legally changed his gender, grew a wispy beard and married a woman but retained his primary female sexual organs so he could one day get pregnant.
His wife, Nancy had had a hysterectomy some years earlier.
Mr Beatie sparked an international furore in March after he announced he was pregnant. "I feel it's not a male or female desire to have a child," he later told Oprah Winfrey on US television.
"It's a human need. I'm a person and I have the right to have a biological child."
Before becoming pregnant, Mr Beatie stopped the testosterone injections he had been receiving for his sex change.
He and his wife bought donor vials from a cryogenic sperm bank and he was inseminated at home.
Doctors say Mr Beatie is not the first transgender man to give birth. Writing in March, he said: "I will be my daughter's father and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family."

因怀孕而轰动全球的美国变性男子托马斯•比提于昨日顺利产下一名女婴。
尽管此前有报道称比提将选择剖腹生产,但据一位知情人士介绍,比提在俄勒冈州本德市的一家医院顺产生下女儿。
这位知情人士在接受ABC的采访时说:“孩子很可爱,也很漂亮。”
34岁的比提本是一名女性,名叫翠西•拉格恩蒂诺,但为了变成男性,她于几年前接受了胸部缩小术并开始注射雄性激素。
比提获得法律认可的男性身份后,与一名女子结了婚。变性后比提的下巴长出一小撮胡子,但他保留了最主要的女性性器官,所以才能怀孕。
比提的妻子南希多年前因切除子宫而无法生育。
今年三月,比提怀孕的消息在全世界引起轰动。后来他在接受奥普拉·温弗瑞(译者注:美国著名脱口秀主持人)的电视采访时说:“我觉得生孩子不只是男人或女人的愿望,而是人的需求。作为一个人,我有权拥有自己的亲生孩子。”
在怀孕前,比提停止注射用以维持男性特征的睾丸激素。
比提与妻子从一个冷冻精子银行买回精子,并在家接受了“人工受精”。
据医生介绍,比提并不是第一个怀孕生子的变性人。今年三月比提在一篇文章中写道:“我是女儿的父亲,南希是她的母亲。我们是一家人。”

Vocabulary:
Caesarean section: 剖腹产

biological child:亲生孩子

inseminate:向……受精
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

I can't accept a pregnant man gives birth to baby,it's impenetrable

返回列表