听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.10.26-海底两万里(4)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.10.26-海底两万里(4)

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-10-26 15:30 编辑

第一男猪脚已经出现啦。。。看看海怪有什么新消息吧。记得翻译得分哈!

While these events were taking place, I had just returned from doing scientific research in the disagreeable American state of Nebraska. I was, at that time, the Assistant Professor at the museum of Natural History in Paris. After six months in Nebraska. I arrived in New York at the end of March with many precious things to take back to the museum in Paris. I was to return to France at the beginning of May. Until then, I continued my studies of plants and animals. I had been perfectly informed about the sea monster. I had read all the American and European newspaper still without being able to explain the terrible events. I sometimes believed there to be a sea monster, indeed, but at other times, I knew such things were impossible.

发生这些事情的时候,我当从美国内布拉斯加州做完科研回来,那里真不讨人喜欢。那时我还是巴黎自然历史博物馆的一个助理教授。我在内布拉斯加呆了半年后,三月底满载着要带回巴黎博物馆的珍贵物品来到纽约。五月初我返回法国,然后继续研究植物和动物。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I arrived in New York shortly after the British ship was damaged. The idea of the sea monster being a floating island was soon forgotten, as the monster traveled great distances in quite a short amount of time. People now believed one of two things, that either it was a monster with great strength or a submarine with a powerful motor.

在英国轮船受损后不久,我来到纽约。认为那个庞然大物是浮岛的想法很快被人们抛在脑后,因为海怪在如此短的时间内移动这么远的距离。人们认为它只能是这两者之一:要么是力大无比的海怪,要么是拥有强大动力的潜艇。

关于那只海怪的故事,我已知道很多。我读了所有美国和欧洲的报纸,却仍无法解释这些可怕的事件。有时我相信确实有一只海怪,但其实,我知道这些是不可能的。

评分人数

返回列表