听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2011.11.06
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2011.11.06

Jeff Golub rose to fame playing guitar with rock Stewart and Billy Squier. As a bandleader, he has recorded nine solo albums and toured regularly across the globe. Keeping up a successful career and raising a family is not an ungoing balance yet.But now, after after 30 years in the business, Jeff is facing his biggest challenge of all:blindness.
身为吉他手,Jeff Golub与摇滚明星Rod Stewart和Billy Squier一起走红。作为一名乐队领导人,他已经出版了九张个人专辑而且在全球各地都做过巡回演出。职业生涯保持成功和成立家庭一直是对艺人们来说最大的挑战。然而在经过30多年的摸爬滚打后,Golub却面临着他自己的难题:失明。

According to the guitarist,Jeff says he was diagnosed with a collapse of the optic nerve., but was told his chances of going totally blind were low.
按照吉他手的标准,他被诊断出患上了视神经障碍,但全盲的机率却很低。

''I lost sight in my right eye and I thought, 'OK, a lot of people get along without sight in one eye, I can deal with this.' I wasn't even telling people. I just wouldn't see out of my right eye. And then, just in the beginning of July, the end of June, my left eye started to go."
“我失去了右眼视力,好吧,我想很多人都有一只眼睛看不到,而我一样能处理这个。我甚至没有对任何人说起我的右眼看不到的问题。然而,就在6月底7月初的时候,我的左眼开始也开始出现同样的问题。”

"Then I realized I'd better start telling people about this because I'm going to start bumping into things. There isn't any hiding the fact an more.
“我意识到自己最好让别人知道这件事,因为我正已经开始乱撞东西了。这件事已经没有隐瞒的必要了。

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The doctor says 10%-15% of people who have one eye optic nerve collapse more have the other eye follow suit. I thought I was ... the  but apparently not.

返回列表