听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » Face Too Fat? 脸部过胖?
返回列表 发帖

Face Too Fat? 脸部过胖?

今日导读:现代的审美往往把人引入过度的焦虑之中。这不,Baby Face的脸型就成为不少人烦恼清单中的一条了……
难度指导:★★★★☆

I have always had a really fat face. I think it runs in the family. Is there something I can do to reduce my puffy cheeks? I have a very slim body and run 30 minutes every day, but to no avail. I read that my fat face could be as a result of a slow-functioning liver. Can this be true?

In all likelihood your "fat face" and puffy cheeks are genetically determined - particularly since you say that this look runs in your family. I doubt that your liver function has anything to do with the shape of your face unless your cheeks swelled suddenly, which does not appear to be the case.

As long as you are not overweight, there are no changes you can make in your diet or exercise habits to affect the shape of your face. Nor do I know of any dietary supplements that would make a difference. I've seen Internet promotions for facial exercises said to reshape the face, but there is no medical evidence that they work..

I'm not a big fan of cosmetic surgery, but it does offer the only dependable way to reshape the face. A procedure called buccal fat pad excision (or, more simply, cheek reduction surgery) removes the facial fat that is responsible for puffy cheeks. The incision is made inside the cheeks. If this is something that interests you, bear in mind that with age everyone loses facial fat. Take a look at your relatives who had puffy cheeks when they were young. If their faces have thinned, you may be headed in the same direction, and surgery to remove fat from your face now could lead to a
look later in life. If you want to consider surgery, be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is very experienced with the procedure.

However, before you think about something as drastic as surgery, you might ask a good hair stylist about the most flattering cut for your face. A fashion stylist might have ideas about the kinds of necklines that would minimize your facial fullness, and a make-up artist might give you some contouring tips that would help as well.

no avail   没有作用的;没有效果的
puffyadj.  肿胀的,肥胖的
genetically  adv. 基因地,遗传地
buccal    adj.  脸颊的,口腔的
excision    n.  [医学]切除术
incision     n.  切割
gaunt     adj.  消瘦的,憔悴的
drastic   adj.  激烈的,极端的
hair stylist n. 发型师
contouring n. 轮廓的勾画;造型

我的脸部一直都很胖。我想这是由于家族遗传。为了使我胖胖的脸瘦一点,我该怎么做呢?我身材很苗条,每天跑步30分钟,但是却没用。我看书上说我胖胖的脸是由于肝功能缓慢导致的。这会是真的吗?
你的“胖脸”十有八九是由遗传决定的——特别是因为你说这张脸是家族遗传的。我怀疑你的肝功能跟你的脸形没有什么关系,除非你的面颊突然地肿大,而事情似乎不是这样的。
只要你不是超重,你无法通过改变你的饮食和锻炼习惯来改变你的脸型。据我所知那些饮食杂志什么的也起不了什么作用。我也曾看到网上有面部提升训练说是能重塑脸型,但没有医学证据来表明其效果。
我不是个外科整形迷,但外科整形确是提供了唯一可靠的办法来重塑脸型。一种名为颊脂体切除术(或者,简单称它为面颊缩小术)的手术能去除面部脂肪,正是这些脂肪造成了两颊的肥胖。。这种手术的切口是在面颊内部。如果你对此有兴趣,切记面部肌肉会随着年龄增长而减少。看看你那些脸部肥胖的亲戚们年轻时的样子,如果他们的脸比年轻时瘦了,你也会像他们一样,所以现在采用外科手术把脸部变瘦就会在你以后的生命中使你的面部变得瘦骨嶙峋。如果你想做外科手术,务必去咨询在这种手术方面经验丰富的外科整形医生。
然而,在考虑外科手术这种过激的方法之前,你应该找一位优秀的发型设计师,请他为你设计一款最适合你脸型的发型。时装设计师也会设计出一种服装,它的领口会使你肥胖的脸型显小,还有化妆师也会提供给你一些显脸瘦的造型技巧。
Web Intertnational English

返回列表