听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 如何找到工作和生活的平衡1
返回列表 发帖

如何找到工作和生活的平衡1

How To Find That Elusiveadj.难以定义的,令人困惑的 Balance Between Work and Life
“Balance is beautiful.” -  Miyoko Ohno, Japanese bridge designer

I have a close friend named Norm who is a great photographer and a great person in general … recently he was telling me that all he does is work.
That might sound familiar to some of you — I’ve certainly been there at different points in my life, although these days I have to say that I’ve found a pretty good balance between all the important things in my life, including work, family, and other things I’m interested in.

Work *Is* Life, To Some Extent
The first thing to point out is that work isn’t separate from life — it’s a part of it. For some people, it’s not a fun part of life, but for others, it’s a passion. Either way, it’s a part of our lives, good or bad.
Of course, when people talk about a work-life balance, they mean that we should find a balance between work and our personal lives, which is definitely true. But it’s important to realize that if work is really something you love, you don’t need to cut it short in order to spend more time at home in front of the television.

What Do You Love?
That’s the question to start with. My friend Norm loves photography, but I think he also really enjoys jiu-jitsu (n.[]柔道) and spending time with close friends, among other things. For myself, my favorite things in the world include spending time with my family, writing, reading and running. What’s on your short list? Create your short list now, and then continue to the next section.

Creating Space in Your Life
Now think about all the things you do, and how many of them are on your short list. For the things not on your short list, what can you eliminate? Some things might be big commitments that are hard to get out of — but over time, you can get out of them. Learn to say no, and learn how to tell people that you can no longer commit to doing something.

Finding That Balance
Once you’ve created space in your life for the things you love, it’s just a matter of finding the right balance between them. You could have a life filled with all the things you love doing, but it could still be almost all work. While there’s certainly nothing wrong with that if you love your work and it doesn’t have negative consequences (on your health or family relationships, for example), for many people it’s better to have other things balancing out their lives.

平衡是美丽的。”-日本桥梁设计师 Miyoko Ohno
      Norm 是我一个密友,他是一个出色的摄影师,并且各方面都表现得很优秀。可他最近告诉我他拥有的只有工作。
      这似乎是很常听到的一句话——在我生活的不同阶段虽然同样遇到过难处理的问题,但我在工作、家庭和其他我感兴趣的等等重要事请上我找到了平衡的好方法。
在某种程度上工作即是生活
      首先,我要指出的是工作不能和生活分开来看——它是生活的一部分。对一些人而言,工作不是生活里有趣的一部分,但对另外一些人,工作确使生活充满了激情。但无论好还是坏,它都是我们生活的一部分。
      当然,当人们谈论关于工作-生活平衡时,他们确实想要找到工作和个人生活的平衡。但是,如果工作确实是你所爱,那么你没必要减少工作时间而浪费在家里看电视,这点很重要。
你爱做的事情是什么?
      我们以这个问题开始。我的朋友norm热爱摄影。但是我知道他也很爱柔道,愿意和亲密朋友在一起以及其他的事情。谈起我自己,我最喜欢和家人们在一起,喜欢写作,喜欢阅读、跑步。那么什么是你最喜欢的,能罗列一下短名单吗? 创建你的短名单,然后继续到下一阶段。
建造你生活的空间
      现在,考虑一下你做的所有事情,他们有多少在你的短名单里。对于不在你的短名单里的项目,你可以删除些什么项目?一些事情可能是一些大的承诺,你很难避免-但是经过一段时间,你可以。学会说不,学会如告诉别人你不再同意做一些事情。
找到那个平衡
      一旦你已经为你热爱的事情分配了时间,接下来就只是找到它们之间最好的平衡点。你的生活可能会充满了你喜欢做的事情,但仍然可能是几乎都在工作,这肯定没有错误,因为你热爱你的工作吗,而且它也没有负面影响(比如对你的健康、家人关系等),对大多数人而言有其他事情来平衡他的生活是最好的了。

DING

good

返回列表