听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 远离办公室政治指南2
返回列表 发帖

远离办公室政治指南2

The Simple Guide to Staying Out of Office Politics

Spend your time earning trust.
While some people spend their time playing an imaginary game of office chess, you can be actively earning the trust of key players around you. While information may be power, your reputation trumps(v.胜过)that kind of power easily.

Find a third party to talk to about work issues.
Just because you can’t dish the dirt([俚]散布流言)on the job, that doesn’t mean you can air your grievances(n.不满,牢骚) with an outside party. Save the grumbling and groaning for your roommate, your spouse, your friend, your mom… anyone who’s not related to your workplace.

Don’t do anything to be the subject of gossip if you can help it.
This may be the most critical tactic of all. It’s easier to stay out of the gossip game if your name isn’t part of the drama. You don’t have to lay low, you just need to make sure that you’re only getting attention when you want it, for good reasons. In other words, don’t dish about(闲谈) your wedding, vent about(表达,发现)your annoying roommate. Stick to your job duties, and do them well. Play nice with others and build your reputation as a team player, and it’ll be hard for any sharks([俚]贪婪狡猾之人) to see you as chum(n.密友).

Note: I’m sure there a lot of folks who will disagree with some of the general premise here. Since you spend 33 percent of your life at work, you should be having fun and making friends, right? That’s fine with me. I’ve actually had managers hear about negative comments I’ve been reported to make and say, “That doesn’t sound like Sara. I’m going to check with her first before jumping to conclusions.” The larger issue for me is indeed credibility.

把时间花在赢得信任上。
当别人挖空心思摆弄子虚乌有的办公室棋局的时候,你可以积极把时间用来赢取你周围人的信任。这样即使别人打你的小报告,你的好名声也可以轻而易举的让你虎口脱险。
工作上的问题找第三方谈。
让你别在工作中八卦,不是说你就能和工作以外的人抱怨了。保留你的不满,向你的室友、配偶、朋友、妈妈...所有这些与你的工作无关的人说吧。
尽量别让自己成为八卦的对象。
这也许是最最关键的。如果与你无关,离八卦远点儿会容易些。你无须一定要保持低调,只要保证在必要时,在你想要赢得注意力时能得到即可。换句话说,别絮絮叨叨你的婚礼,也不要大肆抱怨你烦人的室友。就坚持做好你的份内之事,好好跟他人相处,让人觉得你很好合作,这样的话那些有非份之想的人很难把你视为同类。

笔者注:相信很多人不同意上面的某些观点。因为你只用了三成的精力来工作,也过得很好,也交到了很多朋友,对吧?但这些对我来说是很受用的。事实上,也有上司在听到有人说我坏话时说:“这不像是萨拉的为人啊。我得先问问再做决定。”对我来说更重大的问题是信誉。

很不错的帖子 顶起……!·

无字天书
尘缘

返回列表