听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习【语音+文本】
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习【语音+文本】

天天商务英语词汇

语音下载

freelance (adverb) 自由地;独立地

解释

earning one's living by selling services or pieces of work to several organizations

例句

They've offered me the chance to work freelance on the project.

天天商务英语报道

语音下载

Eating green saves workplace green
吃得健康也能给公司省钱哦

Having a salad instead of a cheeseburger for lunch is a choice some companies want their employees to make. To promote healthy living and save money, companies are subsidizing the costs of more nutritious meals. Shia Levitt reports.
一些公司希望它们的员工在中午的时候能选择吃沙拉而不是牛肉三明治。为了推行健康生活方式和节省开支,公司对一些更为营养的用餐进行了补贴。Shia Levitt做了报道。
Kai Ryssdal: Well here we are. Day five. How are the resolutions going? Are you spending less money? Being more productive? Eating better? Losing weight and improving health are perennials at New Year's. This year a lot of companies have them on their lists too. And they're putting their money where your mouth is. Shia Levitt reports.
Shia Levitt: At the Florida Power and Light company cafeteria, signs list the nutritional sins and virtues of every menu item. The idea is to help employees make healthy choices. But if calorie and fat counts aren't enough to steer diners away from cheeseburgers and fries, there are some other numbers that might.
Andy Scibelli: If you want a healthy entree and two sides, it's $3.99 and if you want a regular entree and two sides, which is $5.35.
That's Andy Scibelli, Florida Power and Light's manager of employee health and well-being. He says the company subsidizes about 20 percent of the cost of each healthy meal. Diners also get a punch card to earn a free meal for every dozen healthy ones they buy. Those who skip salad and grilled fish pick up part of the tab.
Scibelli: So in essence, the individuals that are eating regular or food that isn't as healthy are actually helping to subsidize the costs of the healthier meals.
As health care costs rise, several large companies are trying similar strategies. Employers hope they will boost productivity, lower medical costs, and reduce turnover. Freddie Mac has a punch card program. Florida Power and Light spends about $150 annually per employee on a wide-ranging wellness program.
Scibelli says the numbers of people buying healthy foods in the cafeteria have been steadily improving since the incentives started. But not everyone feels the same about the taste. Employee Gina Guarino says she still prefers the quesadillas.
Gina Guarino: To me, I think some of the healthy choices are a little bland, so that's why I tend to go for something else with a little more flavor. I think I do other things to promote my health, as far as exercise and things like that.
For state employees in Alabama, financial incentives go beyond a cheaper lunch. Those with obesity, hypertension or high cholesterol now have a year to address their problem or pay $25 extra each month for health insurance. New York University economist Lawrence White says there's a fine line between incentives and punishing employees who won't change their behavior. People like options, he says, and that includes the choice to buy those fries.
Lawrence White: As soon as employees feel like there's a cop on the beat, that someone is looking over their shoulder, there's -- it feels like a line of intrusiveness that the employer has stepped over, and boy, that can really destroy employee morale.
But if rewarding employees for giving up Cheetos from nine to five makes them happier and healthier, White says that could boost productivity. Of course that doesn't take into account what they're eating once they leave the office.

返回列表