听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.12-地心游记(48)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.12-地心游记(48)

Ordinarily, it would have been dark by six o'clock in the evening. I Iceland, however, the sun never sets in June and July, there is always daylight, although, the temperature was much older than during the day. I was cold and hungry, so I was glad to see a villager welcome us into his home.
通常,晚上六点钟天就已经黑了。然而在冰岛,六七月太阳从不落下,一直都是白昼,尽管气温比白天冷的多。我又冷又饿,所以很开心看到一位村民把我们迎接到他们家里。

It was a peasant's house, and he was eager to greet us. We followed him into the cottage, and saw there were four rooms, the kitchen, the workroom, the family bedroom, and the guestroom, the best room of all. I was quite disturbed with the strong smell of dried fish and sour milk that filled the house.

这是一个农民的家,他殷勤的招呼我们。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
弥漫在屋子里的浓烈的干鱼和酸奶的味道让我感到很难受。

The host called us into the kitchen, and greeted us with the words Saellvertu, which means, "Be happy," and kissed us on the cheek. His wife greeted us in the same manner.

主人招呼我们进了厨房,向我们表示欢迎说Saellvertu,意思是“祝您快乐”,并吻了我们的面颊。他的妻子以同样的方式迎接我们。

We soon discovered that they had nineteen children, all of whom had just entered the small kitchen. Soon enough, all twenty-four of us sat down at the table, many of the children sitting on our laps.

我们很快发现他们有十九个孩子,他们都刚刚来到这个小厨房。很快,我们一共二十四个人坐在桌子旁,好几个孩子坐在我们的腿上。

We followed him into the cottage, and saw there were four rooms, the kitchen, the workroom, the family bedroom, and the guestroom, the best room of all.
我们跟他进了屋,有四个房间,厨房,工作室,卧室和家里最好的一间客房。

评分人数

• blueskywhy

返回列表