听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.13-地心游记(49)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.13-地心游记(49)

When the soup arrived, however, the room was silent. We ate mushroom soup, then a great amount of dried fish with rotten butter, then had soured milk and bread. After dinner, the children ran off, and the hostess offered to take off our socks and pants, as was tradition for the hostess to do, but we politely declined.
然而,汤一到,房间里就静默起来。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
晚饭过后,孩子们跑开了,女主人过来要为我们脱袜子和裤子,因为按习俗这应是女主人做的,但是我们礼貌地谢绝了。

At five o'clock the next morning, we said goodbye to the Icelandic peasants and continued our journey, after my uncle had insisted to pay the peasant  for allowing us to stay in his home.

第二天早晨五点钟,我们告别了冰岛农民,继续赶路。在此之前,我叔叔坚持要给那农民报酬,以答谢他容留我们在他家里过夜。

We went deeper into the wilderness. Sometimes, however, we saw a human running away from us. I was shocked to see them hairless with sores on their bodies. Hans would greet them as they ran away with, "Saellvertu," before turning to my uncle to say, "Spetelsk."

我们越来越深入荒野。然而,我们时不时地会看到有人从我们附近跑开。看到他们头上光秃秃的,身上长着脓疮,我感到非常震惊。在他们跑开时,汉斯就会对我们说“Saellvertu(祝你快乐)”,然后转向我叔叔说“Spetelsk(麻风病人)”。

my uncle would then translate for me: "A leper." Leprasy was a terrible disease, which was, unfortunately, common in Iceland. These poor humans were forbidden to marry.

我叔叔就会为我翻译:“是个麻风病人。”麻风病是个可怕的疾病,不幸的是,在这个冰岛这种病很常见。这些可怜的人被禁止结婚。

We ate mushroom soup, then a great amount of dried fish with rotten butter, then had soured milk and bread.
我们喝了菌汤,然后吃了一些烂黄油涂的鱼干,还有酸牛奶和面包。

评分人数

• blueskywhy

At five o'clock the next morning, we said goodbye to the Icelandic peasants and continued our journey, after my uncle had insisted to pay the peasant  for allowing us to stay in his home.

第二天早晨五点钟,我们告别了冰岛农民,继续赶路。在此之前,我叔叔坚持要给那农民报酬,以答谢他容留我们在他家里过夜。

welldone

返回列表