听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.14-地心游记(50)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.14-地心游记(50)

We were going through the wilderness of Iceland quite quickly. On Saturday, June 20, at six o'clock in the evening, we reached a village where Hans' relatives lived. He asked for his wages. My uncle paid him. I hoped to stay for a short time to recover from our long journey, but my uncle insisted we leave early the next morning, as he felt nothing but eagerness and excitement for the adventure.
我们在冰岛的荒野里走的很快。六月二十日星期六,晚上六点钟,,我们来到了一个小村庄,这里住着汉斯的亲戚。他要了他的工资。我叔叔付了钱。我希望在这儿做个短暂停留,以恢复长途奔波的劳顿,但是我叔叔坚持要求第二天一早离开,因为他所能感受到的只有探险的急切和兴奋。

After walking for four hours, we could see Sneffels in the distance. The professor could loot at nothing else than this great mountain we could soon climb.

走了四个小时后,我们已经能看到远处的斯奈弗。教授目不转睛的注视着这座我们不久就要攀登的大山。

Sneffels was located in the small villages of Stapi, with about thirty small cottages. The cottages were built on lava, a hard rock material that hardens after bursting out of a volcano as a fire-hot thick liquid, called magma. I had never seen such an impressive structure, made entirely of lava over five hundred years ago.

斯奈弗坐落在小村庄斯丹毕中,该村庄约有三十个小农舍。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
我从未见过这么壮观的全部是由五百年前的熔岩形成的结构。

my uncle decided that the day after arriving in Stapi, we could climb part of the way on the mountain, spending a few days there. After arriving in Stapi, my fears about the journey returned. I was worried that, perhaps, Sneffels, was no longer a dead volcano. It could very possibly explode with fire-hot lava again, and we might be inside it during that time. I then spoke to my uncle about my fears.

我叔叔决定到达斯丹毕的第二天我们就去爬一段山路,在那儿呆几天。到了斯丹毕之后,我对这次旅行的恐惧又回来了。我担心也许斯奈弗不再是个死火山。它非常有可能再次爆发,喷发出火热的岩浆,而那时我们可能正在里面。我于是把我的恐惧告诉了我叔叔。

The cottages were built on lava, a hard rock material that hardens after bursting out of a volcano as a fire-hot thick liquid, called magma.
这些农舍建在熔岩上,火山爆发时喷发的热浆,叫岩浆,变硬形成的一种硬石头。

评分人数

• blueskywhy

返回列表