听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 口语提升 » 情景会话:讨论包装问题We can discuss the packaging
返回列表 发帖

情景会话:讨论包装问题We can discuss the packaging

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_3910.html

A:Mrs. Miller, you are an old friend of ours. In order to encourage future business and as a gesture of friendship, we are prepared to cut our price by 5%. Will that satisfy you? 米勒女士,你都是我们的老朋友了。为了将来业务进一步发展,也作为友好的表示,我们准备削价5%,这样做你满意吗?

B:That's great. Thank you for making this concession. I accept. 太好了。谢谢你作出这一让步。我接受了。

A:Now I repeat,5,000 transistor sets, specifications as shown in our catalogue at $ 20 each C.I.F. Los Angeles. 现在我重复一下,五千台半导体收音机,规格根据我方目录所示,每台20美元洛杉矶到岸价。

B:Good. Now that the price is decided on, we can discuss the packaging. 好,既然价格已定,我们可以讨论一下包装问题。

A:As to packaging, we'll pack them two dozens to one carton, gross weight about 25 kilos a carton. 关于包装问题,我们一只纸板箱内装两打,每箱毛重25公斤。

B:Carton? 是纸板箱吗?

A:Yes, corrugated cardboard boxes. 是瓦楞形硬纸箱。

B:Could you use wooden cases instead? 你们能否改用木箱?

A:Why use wooden cases? 为什么用木箱?

B:I'm afraid the cardboard boxes are not strong enough for ocean transportation. 恐怕纸板箱用于远洋运输不够结实。

A:Cartons are comparatively light, and there fore easy to handle. They'll not be stowed away with the heavy cargo. Besides, we'll reinforce the cartons with metal straps. 纸板箱比较轻,便于搬运。纸箱不会和别的笨重货物堆放在一起的。此外,我们会用铁条加固纸箱的。

B:All right. Carton or no carton, the packaging must be waterproof as well as strong enough to stand shock and rough handling. 好,不管是不是纸箱,包装必须防水,而且必须坚固,经得起震动和粗鲁地搬运。

A:You needn't worry about that. Cartons are extensively used in our shipments to foreign countries and there have never been complaints from our clients. Now, as regards payment, we have agreed to use dollars, am I right? 这个你不必担心。我们发往国外的货中广泛使用纸箱,从未听到过国外客户有什么抱怨。至于付款,我们已同意使用美元,对吗?

B:That's right. As soon as I get home, I'll see about the opening of the letter of credit. 对,我一回去就着手办理开立信用证。

A:Please open the letter of credit 15 to 30 days before the date of delivery so that we'll have enough time to make all the necessary arrangements. Another thing, the L/C should be valid until the 15th day after shipment. 请在交货前15天到30天内开立信用证,以便我方有足够的时间作好必要的安排。另外,信用证应在装船后15天内保持有效。

B:No problem. That can be done. I understand you'll ship the goods before the end of May? 没问题,可以办到,你们将在5月底前交货吗?

A:Right. We'll ship the goods according to the agreed time schedule. Last, but not least, the inspection is to be carried out by Houston Commodities Inspection Bureau, which is final and binding on both parties. 对,我们将根据规定时间交货。最后一点,但并不是最不重要的一点是,商检由休斯顿商品检疫局执行。其检疫结果是最后依据,对双方都有约束力。

B:Yes, we agreed to that. We have great confidence in your inspection institution. Through years of dealing with you, we've convinced of your commercial integrity. 是的,我们同意了这条。我们对你方商检机构很信任。通过多年的和你们打交道,我们确信你们的商业信誉可靠。

A:Thank you. You can rest assured that we'll do everything possible to prevent de fective commodities from going abroad. However, if there should be any disputes, we wish to have them settled through friendly discussions. 谢谢。你们尽可放心,我们将尽一切可能去防止次品出口;但是万一有争议的话,我们希望通过友好协商来解决。

B:Exactly. That's what we have done in the past. 正是这样,我们过去就是这么做的。

A:Well, it seems we have covered everything. We'll have the contract ready in a couple of days. 好吧,看来我们各方面都谈过了。我们将在几天内把合同准备好。

B:Can you speed it up and let me have it today? I'm leaving tomorrow. I've been here for almost a month now, you see. My corporation is urging me to return. I've booked the ticket for tomorrow afternoon's flight at 3. 能否加快点,让我今天拿到,行不行?我明天回国,你知道我在这儿呆了近一个月了。我的公司催我回去,我已经买了明天下午三点钟的飞机票。

A:Let me see. If we can't get the contract ready by then, we'll send it to you by airmail for your signature. 让我想想。如果到时合同还没有准备好,我们将航空寄给你签字。

B:That's fine too. 也好。
更多商务英语

返回列表