听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.23-地心游记(59)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.23-地心游记(59)

We prepared to climb down into the earth. Hans went first, then my uncle, and I followed. We were silent, but, at times, heard loose rocks fall. We were tied together, and tied the rope to rocks as we went down to be safe.
我们做好准备要向地球里面爬了。汉斯走先,然后是我叔叔,后面是我。我们都默默无语,但是偶尔的会听到碎石子落下的声音。为了安全,我们下降的时候互相绑在一起,并把绳子绑在石头上。

"Gif akt," I heard Hans say when we went down.

“Gif akt,”在我们向下爬时,我听到汉斯说。

"Be careful," my uncle would translate for me.

“小心,”我叔叔为我翻译。

After going down for an hour, I still could not see the bottom of the hole. Although I have a great interest in studying the earth's surface and rocks, I was paying no attention as we climbed down, feeling nothing but fear as we went farther into the earth. The professor, however, was making observations or taking notes as we went down.

向下爬了一个小时后,我还是看不到洞底。_______________________________________然而,教授却在我们下降的同时认真观察并做着笔记。

"Axel," he said to me, "the farther down we go, the more confident I feel that the inside of the earth is not too hot. The groupings of those volcanic rocks tell me that there has been water here. I must believe that there is not heat at the earth's center, but we shall soon see for ourselves."

“阿克塞尔,”他对我说,“我们越往下走,我就越确信地球内部不会太热。这些火山石的分布告诉我这儿曾有过水。我必须相信地球的中心没有热量,但是我们很快就会亲眼的看到的。”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Although I have a great interest in studying the earth's surface and rocks, I was paying no attention as we climbed down, feeling nothing but fear as we went farther into the earth.
尽管我对地球表面和岩石有着深厚的兴趣,但往下爬时并没有去留意,离地心越近就越感到害怕。

评分人数

返回列表