听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 美语口音训练第二册03
返回列表 发帖

美语口音训练第二册03

Intonation can indicate completely different meanings for otherwise similar words or phrases. For example, an English teacher teaches English, but an English teacher is from England; French class is where you study French, but French class is Gallic style and sophistication; an orange tree grows oranges, but an orange tree is any kind of tree that has been painted orange. To have your intonation tested, call (800) 457-4255. Exercise 1-35: Contrast of Compound Nouns CD 2 Track 3 In the following list of words, underline the element that should be stressed. Pause the CD. Afterwards, check Answer Key, beginning on page 193. Repeat after me. Set Phrase Descriptive Phrase An English teacher... An English teacher... ...teaches English. ...is from England. An English book... An English book...is on any subject, ...teaches the English language. but it came from England. An English test... An English test... is on any subject, ...tests a student on the English language. but it deals with or came from England. English food... An English restaurant... . . .is kippers for breakfast. ...serves kippers for breakfast. 1. The White House 21. convenience store 41. a doorknob 2. a white house 22. convenient store 42. a glass door 3. a darkroom 23. to pick up 43. a locked door 4. a dark room 24. a pickup truck 44. ice cream 5. Fifth Avenue 25. six years old 45. I scream. 6. Main Street 26. a six-year-old 46. elementary 7. a main street 27. six and a half 47. a lemon tree 8. a hot dog 28. a sugar bowl 48. Watergate 9. a hot dog 29. a wooden bowl 49. the back gate 10. a baby blanket 30. a large bowl 50. the final year Стр. 43 из 185 32 Exercise 1-36: Description and Set Phrase Test CD 2 Track 4 Let's check and see if the concepts are clear. Pause the CD and underline or highlight the stressed word. Check Answer Key, beginning on page 193. Repeat after me. 1. He's a nice guy. 2. He's an American guy from San Francisco. 3. The cheerleader needs a rubber band to hold her ponytail. 4. The executive assistant needs a paper clip for the final report. 5. The law student took an English test in a foreign country. 6. The policeman saw a red car on the freeway in Los Angeles. 7. My old dog has long ears and a flea problem. 8. The new teacher broke his coffee cup on the first day. 9. His best friend has a broken cup in his other office. 10. Let's play football on the weekend in New York. 11. "Jingle Bells" is a nice song. 12. Where are my new shoes? 13. Where are my tennis shoes? 14. I have a headache from the heat wave in South Carolina. 15. The newlyweds took a long walk in Long Beach. 16. The little dog was sitting on the sidewalk. 17. The famous athlete changed clothes in the locker room. 18. The art exhibit was held in an empty room. 19. There was a class reunion at the high school. 20. The headlines indicated a new policy. 21. We got on line and went to americanaccent dot com. 22. The stock options were listed in the company directory. 23. All the second-graders were out on the playground. 33 Exercise 1-37: Descriptions and Set Phrases—Goldilocks CD 2 Track 5 Read the story and stress the indicated words. Notice if they are a description, a set phrase or contrast. For the next level of this topic, go to page 111. Repeat after me. There is a little girl. Her name is Goldilocks. She is in a sunny forest. She sees a small house. 11. a baby's blanket 31. a mixing bowl 51. a yearbook 12. a baby bird 32. a top hat 52. United States 13. a blackbird 33. a nice hat 53. New York 14. a black bird 34. a straw hat 54. Long Beach 15. a greenhouse 35. a chairperson 55. Central Park 16. a green house 36. Ph.D. 56. a raw deal 17. a green thumb 37. IBM 57. a deal breaker 18. a parking ticket 38. MIT 58. the bottom line 19. a one-way ticket 39. USA 59. a bottom feeder 20. an unpaid ticket 40. ASAP 60. a new low

评分人数

• xln1120

Thanks for sharing.

返回列表