听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 响尾蛇—Episode 1-打电话(含解析说明)
返回列表 发帖

响尾蛇—Episode 1-打电话(含解析说明)

Launching the Diamondback Grille - Episode 1

[on the phone]

April: Hello, International Marketing.

Cindy: Hello, I'd like to speak with a Mr. Bob Randall...

April: This is April Butler, of the International Marketing Group. May I ask who’s calling please?

Cindy: This is Cindy Li. I want to talk with Mr. Randall, please.

[pause while call is transferred. Then, April and Bob on the internal line]

April: Hi, Bob. I have a Cindy Li. I think it’s long-distance.

Bob: Great. That must be China. Our new franchise. Could you patch her in?

April: [back with Cindy] Please hold while I transfer you to Mr. Randall.

Cindy: Thank you. [April connects Cindy and Bob]

Bob: Hello, this is Bob Randall.

Cindy: Hello, Bob? This is Cindy Li. How are you?

Bob: Not bad, and yourself? How’s the weather in Shanghai these days?

Cindy: The weather's been cool.

Bob: So, Cindy, all of us are really looking forward to working with the China team on this rollout. You’re in marketing too, right?

Cindy: I am now Vice President of Marketing for Diamondback Grille-Shanghai. Mr. Liu is my boss.

Bob: And you have a restaurant background, if I’m not mistaken.

Cindy: Yes. Yes. My experience is working in the hospitality industry.

Bob: Great! Well, I’ve got a ten o’clock, so let’s get started. We’ve got a December launch slated, so we can work backwards from that timeline.

Cindy: I’m sorry, can you repeat that?

Bob: Sorry, am I talking too fast? It’s one of my bad habits-- just tell me to slow down.

Cindy: No, no. You are fine. But what did you say about December?

Bob: That’s our targeted launch date. So I’m thinking we will want a press conference around November, and all the sales and marketing work in place by then.

Cindy: Bob, we have a lot of work to do. What is the best way for us to work together?

Bob: Phone and email at first, then I'd like to get over to Shanghai in about 5 weeks. Does that work for you?

Cindy: Of course, we welcome you to Shanghai any time.

Bob: I was wondering if you could shoot me over your action items. We have a standard Diamondback Grille corporate marketing and communications handbook that I’ll overnight it to you.

Cindy: OK, Bob. But, may I ask, on our email communication, should I copy anyone?

Bob: Good question. Let’s say at the beginning to copy both line managers and support staff. After a month or so, we can see if that’s always needed.

Cindy: OK. Thank you.

Bob: I’ll email you in a couple of days. I’ve got to run. Take care.

1.在一般的工作场合,接电话的招呼语为“hello”,紧接的是表明自己的身份,例如:This is Cindy. = This is Cindy speaking.

2.要找某个人的时候,可以这么问:Is this Bob? 或 Is Bob there?

3.如果对方要找的人不在或无法接听电话,你可以这么回答:I’m sorry, Bob is not available at the moment.(抱歉,Bob现在无法接听电话。这种说法在几种不同的情况下都可以用,他不在单位,他在开会,他正忙着,或他不愿意接听电话,等等。)你也可以这么回答:Bob has stepped away from his desk. (Bob 暂时离开座位。)

4.如果需要对方在电话上稍候片刻,等你确认或转接,可以这么说:Please hold while I check to see if Mr. Li is available.(请稍等,让我看看李先生在不在。)或是:Can you hold while I put you through (=transfer you) to Mr. Li?(请稍等,我帮您转接李先生。)

5.I have a Cindy. = There is a person called Cindy on the line. 有位名叫Cindy的人在线上。

6.Patch的意思是补丁,临时性的东西。这里的用法是源自一种老式的中央电话交换机设备。每一个电话用户的电话线会接到中央交换机板(switchboard)上的一个插孔,operator(接线员)把一条patch cord(临时接线)的两端分别插入calling party(主叫方)和called party(被叫方)的插孔,就能完成接线,双方就可以开始通话。Patch someone in意思是把某个人接进来,接上我的线。例如:Could you patch Mary in? = Could you connect Mary to my line?

7.Does that work for you? = Is that workable at your end? = Is that convenient for you?(你方便吗?)

8.Overnight是隔夜的意思。很多快递公司有隔夜速递的服务(overnight service),使用这种服务时,很多人会把这个字当动词用。如果有人告诉你“I’ll overnight it to you.”你便知道基本上第二天早上会收到东西。

返回列表