听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【2-18】德国“被诅咒的村庄”,每家都有癌症患者
返回列表 发帖

【2-18】德国“被诅咒的村庄”,每家都有癌症患者

Cancer epidemics are practically unheard of. That’s why I was quite shocked when I read about this small village in Germany where almost every household has been hit by the deadly disease. Wewelsfleth, located near the Elbe River in northwest Germany is now being called the ‘village of the damned’. With a population of only 1,500, the spread of cancer in the area is about 50% above average. What makes the condition of these villagers even more pathetic is that they feel abandoned by authorities, who are unable to provide any explanations.

The cancer situation in Wewelsfleth is not a new one. In fact, several cases have been reported as early as 1998, steadily rising over the years. The phenomenon is not limited to any particular part of the body. Cases of cancer affecting the breast, lung, womb, stomach and esophagus have been observed. It is not surprising in the least to note that there are three nuclear power plants in the vicinity and also a shipyard where vessels were sprayed with highly toxic paint. Quite understandably, the villagers are upset and do not intend to give up on their demands for a serious enquiry into the situation.

Experts, however, remain confused over the cause of the strange spread of cancerous cells across the village. Academics at the University of Lubeck have investigated both the cancers as well as the nuclear plants and shipyard. They even took into account other factors such as the lifestyle of cancer victims and environmental conditions. The results of the study, are inconclusive. The academics point out that it has been impossible to point out any one of these as the sole cause.

The Mayor of Wewelsfleth, Ingo Karstens, has lost both his wives to cancer. Calling it a curse, he has no intentions to back down. He is now insisting that health authorities in Berlin commission another study to get to the root of the affair. This truly does sound like a sad situation; I hope they find a cause and a cure soon enough

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

回复 1# kobe

估计从来没有人听说过“癌瘟”或者“传染性癌症”这种东西,所以当人们得知在德国有这样一个小镇,每栋房子里都有人身患癌症时都震惊了。位于德国西北部易北河畔的村庄 Wewelsfleth,现在被人称为“被诅咒的癌症村”

Wewelsfleth 人口仅1500,癌症患者的比例高于50%,而比这个事实更悲惨的是,村民感觉自己已经被政府抛弃了——没有专家前去治疗患者,也没有权威机构可以给出癌症发病率如此之高的原因。

Wewelsfleth 的情况实际上已经不是第一次发生了,早在1998年就有几例类似的事情见诸报端,而这几年这样的地方也越来越多。这种现象不仅仅局限于身体的某一部位,乳腺、肺、子宫、胃以及食道都有可能成为癌细胞驻扎的器官。毫不意外的是,在这个村庄周围有三座核电站,除此之外还有一家充满了有毒油漆的造船厂。所以,村民从未停止的抗议行动也是可以理解的。

但是有砖家表示对癌细胞在村庄里的扩散仍然感到很不解。Lubeck 大学的学者曾经深入调查过当地村民的发病原因和核电站,造船厂的关系,他们甚至对患者的日常生活习惯也进行了深入研究。但是这项研究的结果是——没有结果。学者们称生活习惯/核电站/造船厂等诸多因素,单独一个因素都不应致癌。

Wewelsfleth 的村长 Ingo Karsten s的前两任妻子都患癌症去世了,但是他对“被诅咒的村庄”这个名字很不满意。他要求柏林的医学专家再进行一次深度的调查。这个村子确实非常倒霉,希望他们能早日找到发病的根源和治疗方法

评分人数

• davy10

OMG...Germany’s “Village of the Damned” Where Almost Every Household Has a Cancer Sufferer

why not move?
i can't understand.

I think the local government  should close these nuclear power plants and shipyard immediately.

回复 5# davy10

davy!you're back! good to see you!long time no see!

回复 6# kobe

Sorry for my breach of duty these days , glad to see you too.

回复 7# davy10

It doesn't matter, I am happy you are back!

大家好好讨论一下,真不错

大家好好讨论一下,真不错

不错啊

不错啊,谢谢分享.......

返回列表