听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2012.2.20-惠特尼·休斯顿一生十大时刻(1)
返回列表 发帖

2012.2.20-惠特尼·休斯顿一生十大时刻(1)

Whitney Houston was a force to be reckoned with during her heyday in the 1990s. Sadly, the pop icon who died Saturday at the age of 48, was also an example of how drugs, alcohol, and bad relationships can ruin even the most talented of stars.   二十世纪九十年代,惠特尼·休斯顿事业处于巅峰,飓风般横扫美国歌坛。这位流行歌坛天后人物上周六不幸辞世,年仅48岁,这是一个让人悲痛的消息。惠特尼的一生,也向世人述说了吸毒、酗酒、不幸的婚姻可以毁掉哪怕最具天赋的明星。   Below, ten highlights and low lights from Houston’s life.   下面是休斯顿跌宕人生中的十大标志性时刻。

1. 1985 debut
1985年初次登台   
Houston’s natural born talent was clear from her first national television appearance, when she belted out “Home” on “The Merv Griffin Show,” accompanied by nothing more than a piano.   在莫夫·格里芬秀节目中,仅在一架钢琴的伴奏下,她用嘹亮动听的美妙声音唱出了歌曲《家》。

2. "Saving All My Love for You" at the 1986 Grammys
《我的爱全部给你》为她赢得1986年格莱美奖

Houston won her first Grammy for "Saving All My Love for You," her first No. 1 single, at the 1986 Grammy Awards. She performed the ballad at the show and won an Emmy for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program the following year.

惠特尼首张单曲《我的爱全部给你》获1986年格莱美奖。她在格莱美颁奖现场演唱了这首歌曲,第二年,因在各种音乐节目中的出色表现获艾美奖最佳个人表现奖。

3. Singing the national anthem at the 1991 Super Bowl

在1991年的美国橄榄球超级杯赛上演唱国歌

Houston's powerful rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV got such anoverwhelming response that it was released as a commercial single. It reached the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making her the only performer to turn the national anthem into that big of a hit.

惠特尼在第二十五届超级杯赛上,用一曲《星条旗永不落》(The Star Spangled Banner)震撼了世界,并为国歌增添了商业价值。她是唯一让国歌产生轰动效应的演唱者,她演唱的国歌排在了百首最热歌曲榜的前20位。

I feel sad about she has gone...

返回列表