听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2012.02.28
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2012.02.28

The past 10 years were filled with highs and lows. While Whitney’s contract at Arista Records was renewed for $100 million, album sales began to slide. Her 14-year marriage to singer Bobby Brown ended in 2007, she canceled concerts and interviews, and allegations arose of drug abuse. As recently as May 2011, she was enrolled at a rehabilitation facility for drug and alcohol problems. Her final album I Look To You, sold more than two million copies and reached the Number One spot in 2009.
过去10年里充满了跌宕起伏,尽管惠特尼以1亿美元续约Arista 唱片公司,但她的唱片销量却在滑落。2007年,她与歌手鲍比·布朗维持了14年的婚姻走向了尽头,她取消了多场演唱会和新闻采访,这时传出了她滥用药物的流言。最近一次,她于2011年5月因为毒品和酗酒问题进入了一家戒毒康复机构进行治疗。她最后一张专辑《I Look To You》销量超过200万张,并在2009年成为销量第一的专辑。
Houston’s untimely death prompted tributes the world over. Celebrities in Los Angeles for the 54th Annual Grammy Awards spoke glowingly about her influences and contributions.
休斯敦的不幸早逝让全世界沉入到了哀思中。在洛杉矶举行的第54届格莱美大奖颁奖晚会上,众多名人对她的影响力和贡献致以了真挚的悼词。
                                                                                                            .
And Tony Bennett, who dedicated a song to her at a pre-Grammy party, said, “When I first heard her I called Clive Davis and said, ‘You finally found the greatest singer I’ve ever heard in my life.’”
托尼·伯纳特在一场格莱美晚会预热派对中,专门为她献唱,他说:“我第一次听到她唱歌时,我就打电话告诉克莱夫·戴维斯,‘你终于找到了我这辈子听到过的最棒的歌手了。’”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表