听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2012.3.17-消失的爱(4)
返回列表 发帖

2012.3.17-消失的爱(4)

As novelist John Steinbeck once wrote, “Songs have a way of leaping boundaries.” The German song was “captured” by the British fighting Rommel in the desert. But like Goebbels, British army brass disliked the song. It was not the right thing for their soldiers to march to –especially singing in German.
正如小说家约翰?斯坦贝克曾写过的那样:“歌曲有一种超越国界的能力。”这首德国歌曲也吸引了在沙漠中与隆梅尔作战的英国军人。但像戈培尔一样,英军的高级将领也不喜欢这首曲子,他们认为它对于那些要冲锋陷阵的士兵来说是不适宜的 尤其适用德语演唱的。Back in England, Carlton Jackson relates, some Eighth Army veterans were belting out “Lili Marleen” one night in a pub frequented by song publisher J. J. Phillips. He remarked that village police might think they were German spies. “If you're so fired up about it,” a soldier yelled, “why don't you write us some English words?”
        卡尔顿?杰克逊在书中说,回到英国后,一天夜里,第八军的一些老兵来到了一家酒吧大唱着《丽莉?玛伦》,而这家酒吧也是歌曲出版商J?J?飞利浦斯经常光顾的地方。听到老兵们的歌唱,飞利浦斯对他们说,村里的警察可能会以为他们是德国间谍。“如果你对它很不满的话,”一个老兵大声喊道,“为什么不为我们给它填上英语歌词?”

Phillips took up the challenge with the help of songwriter Tommie Connor. Lili became “My Lilli of the Lamplight”; “Marleen” changed to “Marlene”; and out went the fog and the spirit rising from the grave to kiss her. The new Lilli was the girl left behind, waiting wistfully for her soldier to return safely.
        飞利浦斯接受了这个挑战,在词作者汤米?康纳的帮助下,将《丽莉?玛伦》改为了《我灯光下的丽莉》;将“玛伦”改为了“玛琳”;并在歌词中写道:当迷雾散尽,战士的灵魂将从陵墓中升腾出来,曲亲吻他亲爱的姑娘。新的丽莉是一个留在后方、苦苦期待她的心上人平安归来的姑娘。

Underneath the lantern by the barrack gate,
Darling, I remember the way you used to wait;
'Twas there that you whispered tenderly,
My Lilli of the lamplight,
My own Lilli Marlene.

在军营门口的灯光下,
我想起了你曾在此等候的模样;
我的宝贝,你在那里对我温柔低语,
我灯光下的丽莉,
我心爱的丽莉?玛琳。

It was an immediate hit. Within six months sheet-music sales topped half a million copies. The haulting ballad expressed all the fears of a soldier far from home, yearning to be in his love's arms. Adaptations of Leip's poem have appeared in more than 40 languages.
        这首歌立即就引起了轰动。不到6个月,单曲销售量就达到了50万张。那缠绵婉转的曲调诉说着每一个远离家乡士兵对战争的恐惧和对爱人怀抱的深深的眷恋。莱普的这首诗也被用40多种语言改编出版。

Over the decades moviegoers have heard the straight version of “Lilli” in dozens of feature films and documentaries. And she is still heard today whenever old soldiers gather to sing of loneliness and loves gone by.
        在此后的几十年中,观众都可以在数十部故事片和纪录片中听到“丽莉”。直到今天,当老兵们聚在一起时,也仍能听到他们在唱着这首歌,唱着他们的孤独和那些早已逝去的爱情。

Why did the song steal so many hearts? Lale Andersen's simple reply was: “Can the wind explain why it becomes a storm?” Amid the brutal, ugly cacophony of war, Lilli Marlene always struck a sweet and tender note. She belongs to all nations.
        为什么这首歌偷走了这么多人的心?拉尔?安德森的回答言简意赅:“我们为什么要去问风是怎么成为风暴的呢?”在残酷丑陋的战争喧嚣中,丽莉?玛琳总是用她那温柔甜蜜的音符去抚慰人们心灵的创伤。她永远属于所有的民族。

爱不会消失的,我觉得,它只是转换为另一种方式

返回列表