听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA快速教室】 » VOA标准英语2012.03.12
返回列表 发帖

VOA标准英语2012.03.12

_______________________________________________________. That means many are dying prematurely. Researchers are calling for a more balanced approach to gender in fighting the epidemic.
因此,很多男性病人过早地去世了。研究人员希望能找到一种更加平衡的性别治疗法来治疗艾滋病。
Edward Mills has spent many years in Africa supervising HIV/AIDS treatment programs. He said it became obvious who was receiving antiretroviral drugs and who wasn’t.
爱德华?米尔斯在非洲监管艾滋病治疗项目已经很多年了。他说,哪些人正服用抗病毒药物,哪些人没有服用,他一看就知道了。
“Whenever you walk into a busy clinic, it’s almost exclusively women and children. And there might be one or two men there, who appear to be reluctant to be there. They’re frequently brought by their wives. And I had wondered, well, where are all the men? Maybe they’re accessing a men’s only clinic or something like that. And after several years of observing this, I came around to discussing this with my colleagues and they say, no, no, this is it. These are the men who show up. And they’re frequently only the ones who are brought by their wives,” he says.
他说:“不论你何时走进一家业务繁忙的诊所,看病的几乎都是女人和孩子,有时可能会有一、两个男性病人,不过他们看起来大都满脸的不情愿。这些男性病人通常都是由妻子带来的。我以前就很想知道,男性病人为什么不来看病?他们是有专门的男性诊所之类的吗?通过几年的观察,我开始和其他同事讨论这个问题,他们说根本没有男性诊所,男性本来就很少接受治疗。在诊所里出现的就是仅有的接受治疗的男性病人,他们都是由妻子带来的。”

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表