听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 英汉翻译讲座Unit5-----复旦大学讲义
返回列表 发帖

英汉翻译讲座Unit5-----复旦大学讲义

I、上次课外练习参考译文:

第一印象常常是持久的印象。的确,如果处理得当,你就能有幸获得社会学家称之为“光环效应”带来的种种好处。这就是说,要是在一开始关键的几分钟里你就给人留下好的印象,初遇者就可能认为你办的事件件都好。

你的一举一动都会大大影响你给面试者的第一印象。在有关人际交流的一项意义重大的研究中心理学家发现,关于情感和态度的信息有7%来自我们的语言文字,有38%来自我们的语音,而惊人的是,竟有55%来自我们的面部表情。事实上,如果面部表情或说话语调与我们所说的话发生矛盾时,听者通常会更加看重那些非语言信息。

为了使第一次面试成功,一开始的握手要坚定有力。如果面试者没有主动伸出手来,你就主动先把手伸出来。要是可以选择座位的话,要坐在面试者桌子的侧面,而不要坐在正对面。这样坐法你们中间就没有障碍了,而且在一定程度上起到减少对立的作用。如果你只能坐在桌子对面,那么坐的时候把椅子稍微挪一下或者把身体坐的角度偏一点,这样你就不是正对着面试者了。

要注意你的形体语言,千万不要表现得对这份工作迫不及待,也不要表现得急于讨好别人。要保持一种办理公事时一本正经的神态。非语言行为可削弱语言信息的力量,从而使你显得优柔寡断缺乏自信,而不合时宜的微笑就是一个最为常见的例子。良好的目光交流也非常重要。有一项研究发现,多用目光进行交流的求职者可给人以更为机警、可靠、自信、负责的印象。

II、英汉翻译原理第三讲:怎样理解原文?(续)

二、要理解特殊语言现象的特殊含义:

【例36】 John is now with his parents in New York; it is three years since he was a high school teacher in Washington.

【译文】 约翰现在同父母一起住在纽约;他不在华盛顿当中学教师已有三年了。

【例37】 She didn't attend the meeting because she wanted to.

【译文】 她去开会并不是她自己想去。

【例38】 As a place to live, it left much to be desired. As a secret training base for a new plane, it was an excellent site, its remoteness effectively masking its activity.

【译文】 作为居住之处,这里有许多不足之处。但作为新型飞机的秘密训练基地,却是非常理想的。它地处边陲,人们不易了解其中的活动。

【例39】 The teacher didn't tell her students that in so many words, but obviously something about her attitude convinced them.

×老师没有用很多话把这种情况告诉学生,但她的某种态度显然使学生相信情况的确如此。

【译文】 老师没有把这种情况对学生明说,但她的某种态度显然使学生相信情况的确如此。

【例40】 If I am getting a free ride, how come I am so tired when I go home at the end of a shift?

×如果我是免费乘车的话,我上完一次班回家后怎么会那么累呢?

【译文】 如果我上班偷闲的话,我下班回家怎么会那么累呢?

【例41】 I am sorry I was a little short with you just now. I don't feel myself today.

×如果我刚才陪你的时间短了一些的话,我很抱歉。今天我自己也没有感觉到。

【译文】 刚才对你态度不好,我很抱歉。今天我身体有点不舒服。

三、要结合上下文语境进行理解:

【例42】 The financial implications of this resolution remain to be defined.

【译文】 本决议所涉及的财政问题尚待确定。

本决议对财政工作的意义尚待阐明。

【例43】 The tyrants might array their cruelty, but the people would oppose their bravery.

【译文】 暴君恣意肆虐,人民则奋勇反抗。

【例44】 Managers face a host of new business realities, such as changing patterns of employment that include an explosion of outsourcing and new alliances.

×管理人员面对的是商界前所未有的种种现实,诸如就业的模式不断变化 包括外购。重组等现象的猛增。

【译文】 管理人员面对的是商界前所未有的种种现实,诸如企业用工方式的不断变化 包括大幅度增加外部采办和新建联产单位。

III、课堂练习(正确理解以下各句,并在正确理解的基础上将其译成汉语):

1. Let it deceive them, then, a little longer; it can not deceive them too much.

2. We shall never get anywhere with all the criticism and fault finding. I believe in the principle "Live and let live".

3. He said that no one could beat him at tennis, but he had to eat his word after losing several games.

4. I had read too many novels and had learned too much at school not to know a good deal about love.

5. In fact, one office-system expert recently said that he had yet to encounter a business work place that was functioning at more than 60 percent efficiency.

6. Nobody with any sense expects to find the whole truth in advertisement any more than he expects a man applying for a job to describe his shortcomings and serious faults.

7. There is probably no better way for a foreigner (or an Englishman) to appreciate the richness and variety of the English language than by studying the various ways in which Shakespeare used it.

8. We are human and human beings are far from perfect. To be human implies that we will make mistakes. But it's more than that we feel human. We now feel entitled.

IV、课堂练习参考译文:

1. 那就让这事再骗他们一会儿吧,无论怎样骗他们都不算过分。

2. 这一套批评挑剔的做法是行不通的。我相信“互相容忍”的原则。

3. 他说打网球没人打得过他,但输了几场之后,他只好承认自己说错了。

4. 我读过很多小说,在学校里所见所闻也不少,对于爱情自然就知道得很多。

5. 事实上,有位办公制度专家最近说过,他还没见到过有哪个办公场所的工作效率高于百分之六十。

6. 有头脑的人谁也不会指望求职者说出自己的缺点和严重过错,同样,也不会指望广告里说的全是真话。

7. 对于外国人(甚至包括英国人)来说,要欣赏丰富多采的英语,最好的办法也许就是学习莎士比亚使用英语的各种方法。

8. 我们是凡人,而凡人远非十全十美。作为凡人就是说我们会犯错误。但是,我们觉得自己是凡人不仅仅由于我们会犯错误。我们如今感到有权利犯错误。

V、课外练习(正确理解下列短文,并将其译成汉语):

A new era is upon us. Call it what you will: the service economy, the information age, the knowledge society. It all translates to a fundamental change in the way we work. Already we're partly there. The percentage of people who earn their living by making things has fallen dramatically in the Western World. Today the majority of jobs in America, Europe and Japan (two thirds or more in many of these countries) are in the service industry, and the number is on the rise. More women are in the workforce than ever before. There are more part-time jobs. More people are sell-employed. But the breadth of the economic transformation can't be measured by numbers alone, because it also is giving rise to a radical new way of thinking about the nature of work itself. Long-held notions about jobs and careers, the skills needed to succeed, even the relation between individuals and employers -- all these are being challenged.

We have only to look behind us to get some sense of what may lie ahead. No one looking ahead 20 years possibly could have foreseen the ways in which a single invention, the chip, would transform our world thanks to its applications in personal computers, digital communications and factory robots. Tomorrow's achievements in biotechnology, artificial intelligence or even some still unimagined technology could produce a similar way of dramatic changes. But one thing is certain: information and knowledge will become even more vital, and the people who possess it, whether they work in manufacturing or services, will have the advantage and produce the wealth; computer knowledge will become as basic a requirement as the ability to read and write. The ability to solve problems by applying information instead of performing routine tasks will be valued above all else. If you cast your mind ahead 10 years, information services will be predominant. It will be the way you do your job.     (320 words)

评分人数

• Ares10

刚开始看还以为是面试经验。才发现原来是翻译答案。

这个帖子对高水平英语学习者确实很有帮助
我只能仰视从事翻译的人士了。
虽然自己曾经幻想将来从事翻译,貌似不可能了。

暂时先发这些了,大家看完后再接着发。
内容比较多,都发完没什么新鲜了。

we will stay here for a long time

tragedy....    so tired ..      can't read...

thanks

前面的2句都翻译错了。。。我怎么看得下去?

ding  ding  ding  ...  zou  ren  lo .na ji fen

返回列表