听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » Earvin Johnson the Magic of Basketball
返回列表 发帖

Earvin Johnson the Magic of Basketball

Earvin Johnson the Magic of Basketball

I can't believe I'm here. Just three months ago I learned I had the HIV virus. As soon as I heard the news I stopped playing basketball. When I announced my retirement on November 7. I never even imagined that I would be able to play today.

The game is almost over now, I've just hit a pair of three pointers and I'm feeling great. Now Isiah Thomas is bring the ball up the court to the East. One of his teammates is in the way I wave him aside. I want it to be just Isiah and me one more time. There's nobody else around, before you get the reputation of being really good, you got to go through everybody one on one and show them your best stuff.

Here comes Michael Jordan bringing up the ball, he's grinning, I want him to. Again I clear everybody out of the way, the crowd is screaming. They love this, I love it too. I'm waiting for Michael to drive to the basket, to fly up with one of his incredible super 4)dunks, but I'm playing him tight and he surprises me, pulls up short for the jumper, clang off the rim, more noise from the crowd. People ask if these little battles are rehearsed, sorry I'm not that smart, who could have thought this up.

With 30 seconds left in the game I get the ball one last time, I'm about to drive for a lay-up but Isiah's all over me. I toy with him a little, same as he did with me. Now I step back behind the three-point line and throw up a long rainbow. I'm falling back so I have to shoot it a little higher and a little harder than usual, feels good to me and yes swish, another one. The fans are roaring, everybody is stunned, three three-point shots in a row , who says I can't still play this game?

Fourteen seconds left but nobody picks up the ball, suddenly I'm surrounded mobbed by all the All Stars on both teams, they're showing me their affection, their support and I'm holding back the tears. I don't think I ever felt more exhilarated than I am right now or more loved. Those three-pointers were great, but this incredible ending is the best moment of all.

提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

2# jiuyaofao 能换句别的吗?

返回列表