听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » Please Let Me Have a Little World
返回列表 发帖

Please Let Me Have a Little World

Please Let Me Have a Little World

Please,my dear ,be so generous as to let me have a little world of my own.If you find me scrawling on a piece of paper, please don't peep over my shoulders.It may be that I'm venting some pent-up feelings,long dennied expression,or trying to compose a little poem not yet presentable for a time being,or attempting to sketch out something visualized fron mychildhood memories which glowsing my minf like a rainbow.When I am in such a mood,Please leave me along and let me write as the pen dictates. Don’t disturb me, my dear, when I get nostalgic over some old photos or letters which bring tears to my eyes or smiles on my lips, for those were things that had happened to me before I met you, the joys and sorrows, partings and reunions that taste like green olive or glitter like scattered pearls. They are my cherished memories which, ready as I am to share with you, I would like to indulge in by myself for a while.

I hope you won’t mind when I go without you for a nice chat with a close friend of mine. You are my bosom friend, but you cannot take the place of other friends any more than they can do yours. I need their care, encouragement and sobering criticism just as I do yours. A starless sky with a solitary moon would be dull and cheerless, why not let there be a moonlit night resplendent with twinkling stars.

I may occasionally want to make a tour of faraway places. Please don’t hold me back when I start picking for it. You are the center of my life, but certainly not the whole of it. I yearn to see the mysteries and wonders of the world miles away beyond the mountains; So let me have a chance to explore my “Alice’s Wonderland” as a “lone ranger”. Some time later when I come back to you with exotic experiences and fresh insights, I’m sure you will look at me in a new light.

My dear , so long as you let me have such a little, little world, I’ll be very much indebted to you.

给我一个小小的世界

亲爱的男朋友,请大度地给我一个小小的世界。当你发现我在纸上胡涂乱写的时候,请不要在我身后窥视。我或许在发泄某种压抑在心中长期未诉说的情绪,或是在设法构思一首暂时还羞于见人的小诗,或是在试图勾勒某件依然在我脑际像彩虹般闪着光彩的童年往事。或是处于这样的心境时,请别管我,请让我信笔驰骋。

当我对着昔日的照片和书信沉思、垂泪或微笑,怀旧之情油然而生的时候,我亲爱的,请不要打扰我。因为那些照片和书信记录着我遇到你之前所经历的一些事儿----那些悲欢离合如同青色的橄榄一样酸涩,像散落的珍珠闪闪发光。这些是珍藏于我心中的回忆,尽管我愿意和你共同分享,但我还是想独自沉浸与这些往事中,品味一番,细数一阵。

当我一个人出去同我的一位挚友聊天时,希望你不要介意。你是我的知己,但你不能代替我的其他朋友,正像我需要你这么做一样。没有星星点缀而只有月亮高悬的夜空多么清寂,请让我拥有一个群星闪耀、月光皎洁、交相辉映的美好夜空吧!

我也许偶尔想去远处旅游一番。当我开始打包装箱整装待发时,请不要阻挡我。你是我生活的世界的中心,但并不是我的整个世界。我渴望看看群山之外遥远世界的神奇奇观,请让我有机会作为“独行侠”去探索我的“爱丽丝仙境”。过些时候,当我带着奇异的经历和新的领悟力满载而归时,我相信你一定会对我刮目相看。

亲爱的男朋友,如果你能给我这样一个小小的世界,我会对你充满深深的感激。

返回列表