听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2012.4.29-来不及说爱你:癌症准新娘婚礼90分钟前离世
返回列表 发帖

2012.4.29-来不及说爱你:癌症准新娘婚礼90分钟前离世

She planned to marry her fiance in a beautiful country house, refusing to surrender to the cancer which she had tried so hard to beat. But a month before the wedding, Jemma Webb's condition worsened, and the couple arranged for a registrar to marry them at home the next day.
    尽管面对着癌症的恐吓,历尽苦痛的珍玛·韦伯仍打算在一个美丽的乡村小屋里和未婚夫完婚。但是,就在婚礼举行的前一月,她的病情恶化了;于是两人请了一位证婚人,打算第二天就在家中完婚。
    Even that was too late, however. Only 90 minutes before she was due to say her vows, the disease Miss Webb had fought for the last four years finally took her life.
    然而即使这样,也还是太晚了。就在珍玛说出婚礼誓词的90分钟前,她与之搏斗4年之久的病魔终究还是夺去了她的生命。
    Yesterday her devastated fiance, Alex Bradford, and her parents, Bob and Janet Webb, paid tribute to the 32-year-old, who had inspired many other women to fight ovarian cancer since her own diagnosis.
    昨日,珍玛伤心欲绝的未婚夫埃里克斯,以及珍玛的父母韦伯夫妇,为32岁的她举行了葬礼。自从被诊断为卵巢癌以来,珍玛坚忍不拔的斗癌事迹曾感动鼓舞了许多病友。
    Mr Bradford said: ‘She just kept herself together all through the illness. Some people give up but she always thought she was going to beat it. Jemma may have had cancer, but cancer never had Jemma. Everyone was in awe [of her] for what she did and how she handled the cancer.' Miss Webb first displayed symptoms of ovarian cancer in 2008. She underwent surgery and in February 2010 began chemotherapy.
    她的未婚夫说道:“她始终很坚强。有的人放弃了,但她一直相信自己能挺过这一关。虽然她身患癌症,却从未被它打倒过。她的所作所为,让每个人都心生敬畏。” 珍玛首次出现癌症症状时是在2008年,她做了手术切除,之后在2010年2月开始了化疗。
    She met Mr Bradford at EDF Energy in Exeter, where they both worked, only nine months before she died. "I didn't know she was ill.You wouldn't," Mr Bradford said. "It was just a normal relationship as you could imagine to start with, but then two months in the cancer spread to her liver and her lungs and I knew then that I had to be there for her."
    她生前在英格兰西南部城市埃克塞特的EDF能源公司工作,在那里结识了现在的未婚夫。他们相识的时候,是在她离开这世界的九个月前。“当时我不知道她生病了。你根本看不出她像生病的样子。我们开始了,就和任何一段正常的感情一样。 但是二个月后,她的病灶转移到了肝和肺。从那时候起,我知道我必须得陪她一起。”
    "But I loved her — it was as simple as that, so it was never really a decision." In January, Mr Bradford proposed and the couple planned their wedding for April 18 at Colehayes Park, a Grade II listed Georgian mansion in Dartmoor National Park.
   “因为我爱她。对,就这么简单。所以这算不上什么决定,只是因为爱。” 今年一月,埃里克斯向珍玛求了婚。他们打算在Colehayes公园举行婚礼,日子定在4月18号。Colehayes公园是达特穆尔国家公园里一座二级乔治亚时代风格的宅邸。
    On March 16, however, Miss Webb's condition deteriorated and the couple decided to get married the next day. They arranged a special licence for a registrar to come to the Webbs' home and conduct the ceremony at 4.30pm on March 17. But at 3pm, with her family and fiancé at her bedside, Miss Webb died.
    然而,就在3月16日,珍玛的病情恶化了。他们临时决定第二天就结婚。他们获得特别许可请了一位证婚人,打算在3月17号的下午4:30举行仪式。然而就在下午3点,珍玛在家人和爱人的陪伴下,永远地离开了这个世界。
    Mr Bradford said: "On the day she was obviously excited and I was too. But by 2pm she got worse and within an hour she had passed away." Mrs Webb said her daughter had worked hard to raise the profile of the Eve Appeal, the research fund for gynaecological cancer.
    她的未婚夫说道:“那天我们俩都特别兴奋。下午2点的时候她的情况突然恶化,接着,一小时后,她就走了。” 珍玛的母亲说,她在生前曾一直致力于为Eve Appeal妇科肿瘤中心基金会提高知名度。

好感动………………

返回列表