听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语口语】 » “随便 还行”用英语怎么说
返回列表 发帖

“随便 还行”用英语怎么说

“晚上吃什么啊?”“随便。”“我这个菜味道还不错吧?”“还行。”
  这样的对话内容熟悉吗?因为大家听“随便”这个回答太多,所以后来有了“没有‘随便’这道菜”一说。听到“还行”就知道其实就是“不好”的意思。你知道吗?英语里其实也有这样类似的回答,而且更简洁呢,就叫meh(音同mei)。
  Anyone who regularly uses chatrooms or instant messaging will almost undoubtedly be familiar with responses consisting only of this little sequence of three letters--meh. For the uninitiated, meh is a new interjection peppering news items,message boards, chatrooms and blogs across the English-speaking Internet, and it's an informal linguistic equivalent of a simple shrug of the shoulders。
  定期光顾聊天室或使用即时信息的人肯定对meh这个回复很熟悉。对于不太了解形势的人来说,meh是新近在英文网络新闻、论坛、聊天室以及博客中蹿红的一个感叹词,传达的意思跟“耸耸肩”的意思差不多。
  No one is completely certain how the use of meh originated, but most sources quote a 2001 episode of The Simpsons as one of the earliest examples. Impossible to accurately define, me his cropping up increasingly to mean something like a non-commital OK, whatever, if you want, I don't mind… Circumstances surrounding its utterance (and, if spoken, tone of voice) give it a more specific meaning, but in general terms, me husually implies some kind of indifference to what has just been said。
  关于meh这个用法的起源,没有完全确定的说法,不过大部分引源都显示2001年《辛普森一家》的剧集中最早使用了meh这个说法。虽然无法给出明确的定义,但meh这个词在越来越多的场合表示心不在焉的“行”、“随便”、“看你吧”、“我无所谓”等意思。说这个词时的具体场景(以及说话时的语气)可能会让它具体的意思有所区别,但总的来说,meh通常表示对所闻之事漠然或不关心的态度。
  For example:
  'Want to go for a walk?' – 'Dunno … Meh.'
  “想走走吗?”——“不知道啊,随便吧。”
  'Do you like my new shirt?' – 'Meh.'
  “我的新裙子怎么样?”——“还行吧。”

meh    严重学习了,谢谢了

返回列表