听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 每日英语故事:5月24日:A Miser Man
返回列表 发帖

每日英语故事:5月24日:A Miser Man

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-5-28 14:53 编辑

A  very stingy man who had no pleasure but  that of making money by sold his all, namely, his place and fields, and forged all the money he received into a mass of gold, and buried it in the ground. Every day he visited the spot, which was one of his daily greatest pleasures.   
    Then a man who occasionally came to the neighborhood saw this miser digging up the earth with joy. When this neighbor went there and dug the earth, he found a buried treasure, to his great astonishment. He resolved to run off with it outright. When the miser came to the spot the following day, he found his treasure missing, to his great amazement. It furious agony(痛苦) and desperation, he cursed God and man tearing his hair like a mad man. When a pedestrian (行人)asked him  of his bitter sorrow, the miser told his story in great detail, but the passenger comforted and consoled him, saying, “You need not cry over your loss of treasure. I think your loss is not so great as you think. Bury in that place a stone of the same size in place of your mass of gold, and regard it as your lost one. You will hardly tell the difference the two, because, as far as you are concerned, gold is all one with a stone in point of utility.”

Happiness does not consist in owning money, but in reasonable using of it.

making money sold his all 不理解啊

Happiness does not consist in owning money, but in reasonable using of it.
i like this sentence
because i am a moonlite。

回复 2# 小钰钰

那个是我找的原文,当时审核的时候没注意,我觉得应该改成"make money by sold his all. "你觉得呢?

yes

Happiness does not consist in owning money, but in reasonable using of it. It's philosophy.

返回列表