听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月2日英语故事:Ordinary or Extraordinary?
返回列表 发帖

6月2日英语故事:Ordinary or Extraordinary?

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-3 12:37 编辑

Are you want to be ordinary or extraordinary ? What's you attitude towards life? Today,I'd like to share a story that tell us something about the life attitude.Hope you like it.  
Please read the story carefully,then translate red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just have a try.You are the very unique one and you are  irreplacable.

I have heard a story about two workers. One day, a reporter came and asked the first worker what he was doing. He complained that he was virtually a slave, an underpaid bricklayer who spent the whole days on placing bricks on top of one another. The reporter asked the second worker the same question. However, his response was quite different. “I am a lucky dog in the world,” he said, “I am getting to be a part of the important and beautiful architecture. And I help turn the simple bricks into perfect masterpieces(杰作).”
    They were both right .
    The truth is that we see what we want to see in life. If you want to find fault with others, your career, or anything in general, you will certainly be able to do so. But the opposite is also true. If you look for something extraordinary in what looks ordinary, you can train yourself to see it.
    The bricklayer sees buildings with bricks. The question is if you can. Can you see the extraordinary that exists in our daily life? Can you see the perfection of the universe in action? Can you see the extraordinary beauty of nature? And can you see the incredible miracle of human life?
    To me, it's only a matter of intention. There is so much for us to be grateful for, so such for us to be in awe about. Life is precious and extraordinary!
     So, if you put your attention to this fact, the little, ordinary things will take on a completely new extraordinary meaning.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

事实上我们看到的生活是我们想看到的。
太多令我们感激的事情,太多令我们害怕的事情。
所以如果你这样看待事物,小的普通的事物也会有着全新不寻常的意义。

评分人数

• xiaogua

第一句的翻译有点问题,红线划的不是那句啦。

评分人数

• xiaogua

this story tell us love our life
and put our attention to the little, ordinary things

评分人数